Psoriasis under thumb nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoey92

Reaction score
I posted a thread few month ago regarding thumb nail lifting, this is still on-going but I've now realised it's psoriasis.
I've suffered on and off from 15 with it, never under my nails though.
I know my hormones are still settling as my little girl is only 5month.
Any advice on how best to handle it would be really appreciated

I posted a thread few month ago regarding thumb nail lifting, this is still on-going but I've now realised it's psoriasis.
I've suffered on and off from 15 with it, never under my nails though.
I know my hormones are still settling as my little girl is only 5month.
Any advice on how best to handle it would be really appreciated
Could this also be related to the pain you're experiencing? There is a condition called psoriasic arthritis which you may want to investigate. I'm not sure if pregnancy can trugger issues, you'd need to discuss with your doctor.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/psoriatic-arthritis/

I am a Complementary Health Therapist and Registered Nutritionist. Psoriasis is usually an auto immune condition which comes out through the skin, the skin condition is the symptom but not the cause. It would be best to seek professional guidence with a Registered Nutritionist as we can look at treating the root cause, without taking a detailed medical history is can be difficult to find what triggered it.

I am a Complementary Health Therapist and Registered Nutritionist. Psoriasis is usually an auto immune condition which comes out through the skin, the skin condition is the symptom but not the cause. It would be best to seek professional guidence with a Registered Nutritionist as we can look at treating the root cause, without taking a detailed medical history is can be difficult to find what triggered it.
Thank you for your advice.
Not alot of medical history at all if I'm honest. Psoriasis on & off from being 15 & migraines from 13/14, now 28 & just had a baby 5month ago.
Maybe a check up at the GP is needed

You could start with your GP but they don't really understand gut health and immunity and usually prescribe steroids which can drive it down. A functional medicine approach if often more beneficial as we look to the root cause. I hope that helps x

Latest posts

Back