Psoriasis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhiannon1408

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

My brother is a plumber and general home maintenance man. He's recently been diagnosed with psoriasis on his knees, he's been prescribed some cream but it's making the area red and sore. He's going to go back to the doctor as soon as he has a spare minute (not likey to be in the next week) is there anything I can recommend he put on the area that will help with the pain he's in?

Rhiannon x

You could tell him to try elemis milk bath :) fab product for this kind of stuff and as close to the skins natural pH as a product can get so no irritation whatsoever.

Ps I added u on fb tonight and sent u a message. Its easier than doing it by pm on here because of the iPhone problem :) x

What is he currently using?

If he wants something different before his dr apt I would advise a visit to the pharmacy. The pharmacist can advise alternates and often sell items from the dispensery that can/will be prescribed by the dr as an alternate

I would advise uv treatment. I have several clients who find this treatment to be really beneficial. Suggest he speaks to his go about it.

As for the pain he needs to go back to his GP immediately in case he has an allergic reaction and the cream isn't suitable for him. In the meantime I would stop using immediately. Get him to look at the information leaflet to see if this is a normal reaction and what he should do.

My sisters both suffer from this and the only thing that's really worked for them is sunbeds, but this will never work perminatly you have to go a few months on and off. I know sunbeds might not be ideal for him but it might be worth having a few just to ease it if it's painfull. Hth

I'm a member of another forum that had a question on eczema a few psorsis sufferers tried the recommendation and got relief as well. you eat a teaspoon of black strap molasses a day. Not sure what's in it that helps but all the people with eczema found it worked. Was passed down from a aboriginal lady so must have been a cure in the old days when Australia was first settled.

Try Borage Cream, it was recommended to me by Eve Taylor herself! It got rid of my clients eczema (7 years worth) in a week!!!

They (ET) have a Facebook page for therapists, everyone going mad for borage on there.

Hope this helps

Sarah x

I second Eve Taylor Borage Cream, you would be best to call them on 01733260161 you could discuss causes, history, symptoms ect in more depth on a phone call :)

Lindsey x

I have psoriasis and so does my mum and to be honest what works for her never seems to work for me, I think you need to try a few creams until you find whats best for you. I use the Spa Find products, they have the salts to put in the bath then the creams to apply afterwards, they are made from dead sea minerals which are suppose to be good for helping psoriasis.

With his job does he spend a lot of time kneeling down? This will cause the psoriasis to become sore and red, I had a back massage last week and my skin felt terrible for a few hours, any rubbing on it irritates it more.

I have a really sore patch where the underwire on my bra sits and ive found that sudocream has worked miracles, its a bit messy but worth it as it takes the redness and soreness down.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your suggestions. I'll have a chat with him later and see what he wants to try, he's a typical man that needs to be forced to go to the doctors.

Lolly you've added me on my racing profile, I'll add you to the normal one in a minute. Didn't get a message though?

Rhiannon x

Oh sorry lol silly me. I will send u the message again now :) x

Hi geeks,

My brother is a plumber and general home maintenance man. He's recently been diagnosed with psoriasis on his knees, he's been prescribed some cream but it's making the area red and sore. He's going to go back to the doctor as soon as he has a spare minute (not likey to be in the next week) is there anything I can recommend he put on the area that will help with the pain he's in?

Rhiannon x
Hi just come across your thread I would recommend Environ skincare/Advance Nutrition 100%

Hope your brother gets sorted

Does your brother eat enough oily fish? Having at least three portions of oily fish a week may help.

tbh I can only eat cod so omega 3,6 are the only supliments I feel the need for.

You could spend all sorts on different creams and lotions and have great (visible) results but you mind find he has changed something in his diet around the time of this problem...

In the meantime he should ask his local chemist about emoilent therapy, the use of Epaderm or E45 as an emoilent and cleanser because soap and water will just strip the skin even more allowing infection to enter.

Going on a bit here sorry, hope he finds the cause so he can stop this painful cycle.

Latest posts

Back