psoriasis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tentipsjunior

Reaction score
i have had psoris for about 6 yrs now always been ok nt to bad sometimes can be tbou the last couple of days i have noticed bits comin up on my face and this morening i woke up withloads on my face it reli is disgusting the prob is thou i do hair and beauty at collage and have afew facials done because of practsing do u reckon that makes itworse if you have any ideas on how to calm it down on your face that would be great

i have had psoris for about 6 yrs now always been ok nt to bad sometimes can be tbou the last couple of days i have noticed bits comin up on my face and this morening i woke up withloads on my face it reli is disgusting the prob is thou i do hair and beauty at collage and have afew facials done because of practsing do u reckon that makes itworse if you have any ideas on how to calm it down on your face that would be great

Hi ya,

I have it on my fingernails. never had it on my skin - that i know off, so sorry i cant be of much help, except one of my clients was using a prodcut here in south africa called "Bee Wise" it is made from bees wax and oil it is a balm and they say it works for eczema, maby try looking for somthing simliar and who knows it might work for your psioris too.

Psoriasis is a difficult one. You could try sudocrem from boots/chemists you would want to only put it on at night though as it is quite rich and white looking. Facials with good salon brands should really make it better as it causes a build up of skin cells which the facial can remove however you should not have one if the skin is split open or enflamed :) The problem with college is if you have too many facials in sucession anyones skin can react badly. If you think the products are irritating your skin you should ask to sit a few out.

when i had it come up on my face i used after wax lotion from mercia
because it was very sore and very red and cleared my face up within
3 days.

hi kaylee going on a sunbed is supposed to help psoriasis also a lotion called exorex which you can either buy over the counter at a chemist or get from your gp. i`m a bit of a mad juicer at the mo and in the book by Jason Vale he says that juicing water melon is excellent for your skin specially if you have psoriasis he says
`psoriasis usually means on top of a clogged system, you more than likely have a very large mineral deficiency.althougth melons are loaded with zinc i would recomend a further supplement of 100mgs of zinc (twice daily) and 400mgs of selenium (twice daily) one of the beat natural sources of these are brazil nuts`
phew! hth pm me if you want anymore info about juicing its fab!!:Love:

I have several regular customers who come to me with varying degrees of psoriasis - one lad has it all over his face/hands and everywhere else and he comes and does 15 minutes on our high pressure machine (uva sunbed) and within two sessions, it has completely calmed down!! Then we wont see him for a few weeks.

Sunbeds are brilliant for it, but the best is the UVA beds. Not everywhere has them, so you would need to ask around. but our regulars are made up with it.

I have had this all over my body but never on my face. I only ever used a regular sunbed which didn't clear it up but made it look slightly better (less noticeable because of the tan). Tried loads of potions and dovenex works for me. Luckily mine only flairs up at very stressful times and now it has disappeared for another few years hopefully. I have still got it in my scalp but not as bad as it was.

Good luck, I know what you are going through but just keep trying different things and hopefully you will find one will work for you.

Latest posts

Back