Psycho Client!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy chick

Reaction score
Hi everyone... Heres one for you.

I have a client that wants to do a Creative Acrylic course and finally become a nail tech... OK, everyone can do it if they want but, shes asked if I would mind if she comes around to have hands on experience with prepping etc...

At first I thought she wouldn't follow it up and so made up some excuse about her having no insurance etc....

The problem is, she really thinks that she can sit with me all day to gain experience:grr:. Everytime she comes for her appointments, she talks about it and its beginning to bug me.

I don't want to be rude, but how do I go about telling her that I don't have the time or patience to train someone up for them to possibly take my own clients?

I've told her that she should involve her friends and family, but I don't think shes got any!!! sad or wot!

Any ideas anyone?

Personally if it were me I would tell her that you are not a qualified trainer ( I apologise if you are ) and that with all that goes on in the industry some people performing treatments and not being qualified to do so, it wouldn't be professional or ethical of you to allow her to sit in with you. If however she gets some professional training with a recognized qualification you would be happy to reconsider. See if she come back to you then !

I've been asked too.
I explained that you need formal training to get insurance. She said do you really need it to do a few:eek:
I said that she couldn't possibly work without it and would have to pay, what I did, to gain qualifications.
Last I heard on the subject:green:

id take that as a compliment, she sounds like she wants to be like you,
she must love the way you do them and wants you to teach her. talk to her about it give her some info but explain that you havent got time but you will send her to where you got trained???

id take that as a compliment, she sounds like she wants to be like you,
she must love the way you do them and wants you to teach her. talk to her about it give her some info but explain that you havent got time but you will send her to where you got trained???

All that I can think of is
Single White Female:lol:

another angle to stump her would be to say youve asked existing clients if they would mind a student watching and majority have said they would as its their personal pamper time which they can talk to you confidentially!!

this way your not being awkward as it is up to your clients anyway at the end of the day and also justify it with the fact it would not be formal training and she would not get insurance which is imperative and maybe give her the number of head office to get so she can put herself on a course!!

xx

Actually most clients really don't like people sitting in.

That time between client and technician can get pretty personal and most of us wear our 'therapist' hats quite allot during our 121 time - most clients see their appointment as their time and don't want to share it. And it is their time ... they're paying for it.

Actually most clients really don't like people sitting in.

That time between client and technician can get pretty personal and most of us wear our 'therapist' hats quite allot during our 121 time - most clients see their appointment as their time and don't want to share it. And it is their time ... they're paying for it.
I completely agree... I have heard some pretty 'deep' stuff whilst working on clients, given my opinion/advice when they've asked for it and been a shoulder to cry on (literally) on more than once occasion.
I wouldn't be comfortable asking any of my clients if they'd mind having an extra person with me while doing their treatment... it's personal time for my clients and I feel honoured that they trust me enough to open up to me and share their thoughts/fears/secrets with me.

I appreciate that some clients don't share their personal lives with us, but I have to say that the majority of mine do.

I have had clients ask to sit in, in the past...

I have usually given them the number of our Welsh Creative ambassador or advised them where to look for information on alternative courses.

I have, rather than let them sit in on other clients, talked them through what I do on them, and told them what they should expect from their learning. Many think in the beginning they will do a course and become a technician overnight. By the time I have explained what is involved in becoming a good technician many have decided that it isnt easy enough for them. Those who have been serious have contacted the educator...

Although some of those are now nails techs, they have not become my direct competition, we remain friendly... and they call me if they need advice.....This is how it should be!!

Sue x

Latest posts

Back