Pull out ingrown hair out of a pimple that it's piercing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyEnglish

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've done male Brazillian two weeks ago, and here come them problems :)

As hair grows back, I get quite a bit of ingrown hair :( Now I never had one before, so tell me if they are odd:

All hair seem to have grown out upwards from their follicule (great!), but now they started to bend, and their tip has pierced the skin few milimeters away from where they grow out, and naturally created an inflamed pimple there.

The weirdest thing (to me), is that they have come out on the other side of the pimple (I think that can be explained, as the pimple elevated the skin and the hair altogether)

Crucial question: should I pull those hairs out of those pimples?

I exfoliate daily (or every 2nd), as beautician told me, but getting those ingrowns..
Surely I will tweeze-pull them out when it's all clean desinfected.

I'm using BananaBoat's aloe vera gel, but it stinks :{ has weird greenish (radioactive?) colour and ingredients have too much alcohol and other additives.

Can it be that it's doing more harm altogether to my problem?

Many many thanks!
Johnny

You could try 'a bit of rough' its a cloth i know a lot of geeks rave about, and baby oil to prevent. To get rid of ingrown hairs you coud try magnesium sulphate (i think its called) it draws the ingrown hair out. You can buy it in chemists or superdrug.

Hth xx

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ok I've done a bit more research and my case contains more of "razor bumps" rather than ingrowns (a hair grows back into the skin):
http://www.skinenergizer.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/ingrownhair2.jpg

Funny no razor was used :)

So my question persists: should I tweeze-pull out any hair from that pimple, so it rests on top of it instead?

Thank you for other pointers nevertheless. I use ClearSkin exfoliate cream and about to use (cheap Tescos) scrubbing gloves as well

Yes pull it out so it stops growing into your skin, then pop a little savlon on xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey

You are probably over exfoliating aswell. Use the exfoliation cloth a bit of ruff it's amazing and can be used as your daily wash cloth. All my waxing clients use a bit of ruff and as said before baby oil after showering keep skin nice and soft. Yeah tweeze ingrown hairs out that will do not harm just keep area clean and tweezers sterile.

Oddball
CND shellac ambassador xoxo

Yes! Get them out and enjoy! After all, we all love an ingrown hair to remove.

You can also try using a teatree oil wash, it is antibacterial and great for ingrown hairs. Just add a few drops to your bath or to water.

HTH

Nat

Have you considered using a drawing cream? They are great as they draw the hair to the surface then you can use a tweezers to remove the hair.

Have you considered using a drawing cream? They are great as they draw the hair to the surface then you can use a tweezers to remove the hair.
Great idea. You can buy is for a couple of quid from the chemist. Magnesium Sulphate.

Latest posts

Back