Pure Nails halo gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailsXpress

Reaction score
Has anyone used this polish before? What do you think of it?

Hey,

I bought a couple to try out and I have to say I've been pretty impressed so far, as have my clients and the colour range is gorgeous.

I'm usually an ibd/gelish girl but these have defo caught my eye. I'm really interested to hear how other people have got on with them too.

Xx

I have been using pure nails halo gel polish at the salon, and I am looking into buying the whole set of colours; also I have found that air bubbles happens sometimes, I don't know whether it is because of the layers being too thick or the quality...

Would anyone recommend using them for a professional salon?

Hi weve recently purchased some as an alternative to gelish. and i must say im.not convinced. mine chipped after 3 days and after a week is lost 4. Also had a few clients back with some having coming off after a fews days. So far im not convinced. Unfortunately the boss says we will keep trying.

I bought 2 the other day, I got a yellow gold glitter and a rose gold glitter, so far so good but I've only had it on 2 days so far xx
The range of colours look lovely though!

I have been using pure nails halo gel polish at the salon, and I am looking into buying the whole set of colours; also I have found that air bubbles happens sometimes, I don't know whether it is because of the layers being too thick or the quality...

Would anyone recommend using them for a professional salon?
Did you use a Gelish lamp to cure if so did you use the same times as Gelish I have emailed them and they said any led lamp is ok but would have to play around to get cure times they just say 60 secs with 12w led lamp

its amazing! I have the full collection and have used it a few months, on gel nails it stays on my clients for up to 5 weeks I just use a Gelish base , and on my acrylics it lasts around the same, I just use a different foundation and top coat to keep that quality up! But for the price it is amazing and lovely range of colours x

Hmmm I'm not sure it would look good after 5 weeks! Couldn't stand the regrowth and I'm sure you'd want your clients coming back every two to three weeks?

It looks fine apart from regrowth it's up to my clients if they want them like that, I would rather they came back after 5 weeks it gives me good feedback and saves them spending more money, it's a good business but it's not all about money

I agree it's not just about money but you need a good business head if you want to stay in business. Educate your clients, yes you do a good job and it can last but groomed is not groomed after 5 weeks!

@PicklePie erm, I'm not sure @Jessicapinkey98 is asking your advice on how to run her business and I think your a bit rude in telling her so. She is merely saying that she has used the products and how well she thinks they are lasting which is what the post is asking.

On another note, I have also used a few colours of the range, I find the glitter colours are quite thick and lumpy so you need to be careful on application and curing.
Apart from that I think they are a great range and my clients are loving them.
I haven't had any clients come back with them chipping or peeling either.
Xx

I don't think it's rude at all, I think it's very good advice. We're all here to help and advise where we can.
I wouldn't recommend my clients keep a gel polish on for 5 weeks...

No, I wouldn't 'recommend' my clients keeping gel, gel polish or acrylic nails on for 5weeks either, but also, some clients have very slow nail growth and if that's what they choose to do, then that's their choice.
She wasn't asking for advice, merely having her input and I think it comes across a bit patronising to comment as she did.

No, I wouldn't 'recommend' my clients keeping gel, gel polish or acrylic nails on for 5weeks either, but also, some clients have very slow nail growth and if that's what they choose to do, then that's their choice.
She wasn't asking for advice, merely having her input and I think it comes across a bit patronising to comment as she did.
There was nothing patronising in the comment at all. Only advice.
It is their choice but it's ours to educate them

@Nikita's Beauty Lounge, it wasn't meant to be rude at all, just an opinion on her post. My thoughts would be the same for any nail service and it was certainly not a personal attack. Jessicapinkey98 has advised she uses a different foundation and topcoat to make it last as well which also makes me wonder if it's the Halo or the other product that is ensuring longevity. Halo recommend using their own base and top coat.

Anyone else with any input? how do you find it with the Halo Base and Topcoat? I use Gelish and have just brought one colour, and the base coat as my wholesaler had ran out of the Halo topcoat. Is it as good using the complete system?

Anyone else with any input? how do you find it with the Halo Base and Topcoat? I use Gelish and have just brought one colour, and the base coat as my wholesaler had ran out of the Halo topcoat. Is it as good using the complete system?
I've had great results with it. I use the full system, and run it along side another brand. Apart from the usual wear and tear you might see at a 2/3 week appt, I've seen nothing that gives me cause for concern.
I like the colour choices, it certainly has some colours in its range that my other brand doesn't. Which is very useful.
The colours have a lovely pigmentation, I haven't tried any of the glitter ones as yet, as I only really use loose glitter. So can't comment on those.
But so far, I like what I've seen. Hope that helps x

Hmm looks like i'm going to have to give this a go. if anyone else would like to share their experiences please do I would love more feedback.

HI Im going to try Halo too now after reading this i was looking for advice as just starting out and I've bought some OPI but i don't like it and its not staying on very well. I trained in OPI, The Halo colours look good. I was going to try shellac but i know its expensive.

Latest posts

Back