Purex Nail Desk Owners.... can you advise me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelly

Reaction score
Evening all.
I am hoping that those of you who have first hand experience of the Purex can help me out please?

I am looking for a desk that will reduce dust and odour in the salon.... I think Purex sounds perfect for those points.

But...

I also need enough working space for 1, maybe 2 UV lamps when I am working with UV Gel.... with the pipe/light and the funny igloo thingy where they are, this doesn't look possible.... is it??

And

I will need enough storage for my nail products.... Monomer, powders, colour powder collections, paints, brushes, tools, tips, sanitisers, gels, etc...
Looks to me like the only storage room is in the draw... is that the case?

If so, what do you guys use to store your products and equipment safely and neatly?

Thank you!!!!!!! :hug:

Hi Lauri,

I use a purex desk at work, and while they are very good for fume/dust extraction, they aren't very big. Work space is limited because of the cowling and light and there is only the one drawer ( the cupboard is full of the filter box) The drawer just about big enough for my l&p powders (not colours, just pink, white, clear and natural....cnd small sizes) monomer, brushes etc.
I use brisa and can only fit one lamp on the desk and it is awkward to work on the other hand while one hand is in the lamp. I have a set of drawers by the side of the desk that I store all my other powders, gels, tools, tips, etc in. I really like the desk for the extraction side of things but really wish it was bigger and had more storage.
Hope this helps

Thank you Venita. :hug:

Can I just check something with you?...
When you are using Brisa, do you remove the dome thing from the surface of the table?

You're welcome Lauri.
No I don't remove the dome while I'm working, mainly because I have all my bottles underneath it, ie topcoats, base coats, solar oil etc. It's a bit of a pain to be honest because it's not fixed I quite often knock it and then all the bottles fall over!!!, if the desk it self had more storage I would probably get rid of it all together because it would free up a bit more space!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back