Purple hair advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MICHELLE HALL

Reaction score
My client would like purple hair with lighter pieces running through - pic attached.
Her roots are quite grey & she has what looks like 6.34 with few pieces of lighter gold, which was done by someone else in lockdown. I plan tu use CDC 5.22 & 1/4 5. If I put on roots & take through to lengths & ends for last 20 mins do u think I will achieve this result. Originally she wanted lilac h/l, which I was going to lift up sections then tone with lilac. But now I’m wondering if I need to lighten it? Any advice welcome

Attachments

• F93B1D8A-24A0-4E29-A30E-2506DC26F34E.png
    F93B1D8A-24A0-4E29-A30E-2506DC26F34E.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 48
I think you will need to lighten the ends a little , and go over them last minute .I accidently did this exact look in the 00s by mistake when using a dark purple base and white hilights .I wasnt careful enough taking it off !

I think you will need to lighten the ends a little , and go over them last minute .I accidently did this exact look in the 00s by mistake when using a dark purple base and white hilights .I wasnt careful enough taking it off !
Thank you, would the colour just wash out ends tho if I just take it through at the end?

Does she want a plum or purple? I had a client come to me who was disappointed that her previous hairdresser had given her plum rather than a brighter purple, so just a heads up in case there’s any misunderstandings.

For a true purple unless you lift it to around a 9, tone out the yellow, then apply your purple. You’ll need to lift to a 10 for lilac.

Using oxidised colours will only ever give you a plum coloured purple.

Does she want a plum or purple? I had a client come to me who was disappointed that her previous hairdresser had given her plum rather than a brighter purple, so just a heads up in case there’s any misunderstandings.

For a true purple unless you lift it to around a 9, tone out the yellow, then apply your purple. You’ll need to lift to a 10 for lilac.

Using oxidised colours will only ever give you a plum coloured purple.
Thank you, she’s asked for colour in pic - a dark purple, do u not think I’ll get this colour unless I lift it all?

No, that’s what I’d class as a plum purple, so you’ll be fine. :)

It was because you mentioned lilac, I wondered if she wanted a brighter purple too.

No, that’s what I’d class as a plum purple, so you’ll be fine. :)

It was because you mentioned lilac, I wondered if she wanted a brighter purple too.
Ah yes she did originally want lilac h/l but changed to the pic. So do u think if I do roots & take thro for last 20 min ,would be similar to pic? Thank u

If you lightened the ends alot the fade would be quite bad unless you use a crazy colour type colour but then your client might like it faded , I'd go and have another chat with her

Latest posts

Back