Purple/lavender ombré advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocknCHop

Lora
Reaction score
Hey guys.
I need some advice on a colour I'm going to do tomorrow on my client. I normally use Wella and occasionally Swartzkopf. I'm just looking for opinions on what colours to use to get this results. Obviously I'll be lightening with olaplex to get it super light at the ends. I was debating to use crazy colours and smudge. I'd use a darker shade on roots, lavender on mid- lengths, and to use a toner on the end to keep it lighter. I haven't done this kind of ombre before. I work from home so any advice would be most appreciated.
Cheers

Attachments

• ad853496dff8ff790806b3052c77f2f7.jpg
    ad853496dff8ff790806b3052c77f2f7.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 68
If you want same as picture
Why not try toning with koleston
10/0 with some 55/66 on roots when you have achieved right root colour massage through to ends for a couple of mins till you get the lavender colour or
Do 10/0 0/66 roots and try instamatic muted mauve through ends
hope this helps

If you want same as picture
Why not try toning with koleston
10/0 with some 55/66 on roots when you have achieved right root colour massage through to ends for a couple of mins till you get the lavender colour or
Do 10/0 0/66 roots and try instamatic muted mauve through ends
hope this helps
Thank you. The 55/66 and 0.66 were actually on my mind too after I posted this. I think I'll do that as I work with wella, prefer to stick with what I know.
Cheers. Always helps to get others opinion when you work from home
Thank you

Don't bother with crazy colour. Their purples fade out green and look awful.

Thanks for the advice. So I ended up going for a darker colour, got a new vibrant colour gel in local salon supplies, used 55/66 and 0.66 on roots, did ombre with lighter end olaplex and used the new colour gel in magenta on mid length and violet on ends for a seamless melt. Delighted with results. So was my client. 6 hours work!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20160723_175820.jpg
    IMG_20160723_175820.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 61
Maybe have a look of joico k-pak colours I've recently just started using them so I couldn't tell you any mixes but defiantly have a look as they have better colour that wella x

Latest posts

Back