Purple ombré

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audreyduff

Reaction score
I have a client booked in for 2 weeks time for colour she wants to have a bright purple ombré effect. She currently is a level 5 but gets a 4 all over with flashes of pink at the fringe and sides. (Done by someone else, so new client for me) She still wants to get a 4 on top and then purple ombré. I've only ever done 1 ombré and was basic lightening at ends and toning. I'm not so sure about how the hair will lift from a 4 to lift enough to put purple on. Does anyone have any advice who may have done this before?

Thanks

What shade of purple? Lilac or purple?

You have to be very carful with purple. Unless you get a clean light lift I find purple won't cover very well and can become kacky really quick. You might be best to test stand the hair first so you no how much the hair is going to lift. X

Thanks for advice yes I agree a strand test would be a good idea I will do this first thank you

Sorry yes it's to be purple not lilac x

You will want to lift to a 6 as you want a warm base, that way you get a good deep purple. For the pink you will want a clean level 10. All of this is based on temporary colors and I would suggest a good color shampoo to go home with your client to keep color longer, my clients usually get 4 weeks this way.

Last edited:
I'd use temporary like crazy colours, it will fade but its not a natural look anyway. If not I'd use Wella 55/65 or 55/66 for purple underneath and you'd have to use crazy colours for the pink as kol don't have anything similar.

I did a purple ombré a couple weeks back, lightened her ends to about a 7(very warm) used xp violet mix then hot purple crazy colour over the top to make it extra vibrant xxx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407946739.222670.jpg

I did a purple ombré a couple weeks back, lightened her ends to about a 7(very warm) used xp violet mix then hot purple crazy colour over the top to make it extra vibrant xxx View attachment 72725

I really like that, that's spot on what colour she wants. I am going to use wella 55/66 but I might get some purple crazy colour just incase it's not vibrant enough thanks

2 different balayages. Both were done by me.

1st one : Lifted her to a level 7/8 with bleach 20 vol then used a violet colour and natural brown colour level 4 for her base colour then used a level 6 violet colour with violet concentrate for her ends.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408028433.183313.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408028449.042386.jpg

2 different balayages. Both were done by me.

1st one : Lifted her to a level 7/8 with bleach 20 vol then used a violet colour and natural brown colour level 4 for her base colour then used a level 6 violet colour with violet concentrate for her ends.

View attachment 72818View attachment 72819

Beautiful!!! What violet was it? XX

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back