Purple poinsettia

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam Biddle

International Nail artist
Reaction score
These are the tools and materials used to create this design nail…
Arabella nail forms (available from Sam Biddle Home - Sam Biddle)
Purple tulle (available from Sam Biddle Home - Sam Biddle)
NSI 3D white gel (good thick gel)
Artistic red & blue colour drops (Grafton International 01827280080)
Scissors
Tweezers
Nail art - Nfu.oh
Nail art pen – star nails
Artistic gel brushes,(Grafton International 01827280080)
Clear Gel from IBD (Grafton International 01827280080)
Gel Top coat

PURPLE+POINS+STEP+123.jpg

Step1, Using an Arabella nail form, sculpt out a stiletto shape in clear acrylic or gel. I've used acrylic as I found the material sticks to it better. You can also add a couple of drops of the Colour drops, to create added depth to your design.

Step 2, Cut a piece of tulle just a bit larger than the sculpted nail. Brush resin onto the nail being careful not to get it on the form. Place the material onto the nail and pull it gently round onto the sides so it sticks flat. Hold until dry.

Step 3, Using a small amount of thick white gel & artistic red & blue colour drops mix 1 drop of each of the colours with the white gel to make a nice purple, you can adjust the amounts of colour to get your desired shade.
Using another sculpting form place a very small line of purple gel on the form then with a small gel brush gently tease the gel into the petal shape .. You can make all 5 petals with this gel before curing if you wish.
When you are happy with the petals cure for 2-3 minutes.
Making the petals on the form will give them a lovely curve to fit on to the nail.

Step 4, Draw the veins on the petals with a silver / black nail art pen, do this very fine & thin so that it adds definition to the petals. Let this dry.

PURPLE+POINS+STEP+4+small+logo.jpg

Step 5. Place a small amount of clear gel on the nail where the petals are going to be placed. Using tweezers pick up a petal from the form & place it on the material & nail.
You should be able to move this around easily on the clear gel to get the perfect placement. Do this with all 5 petals until you are happy with the flower shape then cure for 2 minutes.

Step 6. With a tiny amount of clear gel on your gel brush pick up some tiny silver balls or glitter & place in the centre of the flower, flash cure for 10 seconds.

PURPLE+POINS+STEP+5+small+logo.jpg

Place a small amount of gel down the centre of the nail & add more glitter and Mylar flakes to make it sparkle, don’t over do it!
When happy cure for 2 minutes.
Step 7. Trim the material round the design then cap the nail in clear builder gel to magnify the design. Cure for 2 minutes. Check the shape of the nail & add more gel if required , cure a further 2 minutes. Wipe off the tacky dispersion layer.
Peel the nail off the arabella form & file into shape.
Finish the nail with a shiny top coat sealant to see your design pop out, cure for a final 2 minutes & there you have your finished nail!

CHRISTMAS COMPETITION
This is a beautiful Christmas design nail, which actually looks fabulous all year round, and to celebrate Christmas I have a fantastic competition for you. To win a fantastic price worth £27.50 all you have to do is leave a comment on my blog post. visit Home - Sam Biddle and visit BLOG. The two best comments, Judged by Karen and me will win this fantastic Christmas prize. You will get some arabella forms, Colour drops and 3 packs of the Tulle, citrus, berry and classic.
So what’s the competition….we want to know how this step by step inspired you. Why are you inspired and what will you be doing about it. Let me give you a little example;

“ Karen inspired me with this simple and very effective way to create a stunning nail using Tulle. So I wanted to share it all with you, and create for you three great little Tulle collections.” Sam Biddle

So take a look at this step by step, have a go and then leave us your comments. We will be judging thiese comments in January. Closing date for this competition is Decemeber 31st 2010. Entry to this completion can only be made via this blog, do not email me your comments, you MUST COMMENT ON THIS POST to enter. Please click on the comment link at the bottom of the post to leave your comment.

Latest posts

Back