Purple/red to dark brown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eden diffley

Reaction score
Hello guys a client of mine wants to go from a box dye hair colour done by herself ( which has both red, brown and purple tones) it’s hard to say exactly what level her hair is at the moment because it’s multi tonal but Id say around a 6. I just wanted to get some clarification of the colours I intend to use:

55/0 and a cm of 0/2 to neutralise
Or
5/1 and 0/2 to neutralise?

If anyone else has any suggestions please share them!

You’ve not explained what you’re trying to achieve?
Presumably, if it’s saturated with box dye, you’ll need to remove that first?

Hello guys a client of mine wants to go from a box dye hair colour done by herself ( which has both red, brown and purple tones) it’s hard to say exactly what level her hair is at the moment because it’s multi tonal but Id say around a 6. I just wanted to get some clarification of the colours I intend to use:

Or

The most inexpensive way of doing it would be to deposit colour over the top of the base that your client has. But removing the box dye first will guarantee better results. If you are wanting to neutralise violet and red tones, you will need to use 30g 5/3 + 3g 0/22 if you want to do a base 5.

You’ve not explained what you’re trying to achieve?
Presumably, if it’s saturated with box dye, you’ll need to remove that first?
She wants to get to a dark brown

The most inexpensive way of doing it would be to deposit colour over the top of the base that your client has. But removing the box dye first will guarantee better results. If you are wanting to neutralise violet and red tones, you will need to use 30g 5/3 + 3g 0/22 if you want to do a base 5.
Why a 5/3 and not a 5/0 or 5/1? Thank you

She wants to get to a dark brown

When a client says dark brown does she mean around a level 5 or a 2? Some clients version of dark brown is really nothing like. [emoji16]

When a client says dark brown does she mean around a level 5 or a 2? Some clients version of dark brown is really nothing like. [emoji16]
She wants to get to around a level 5, nothing too dark. Her hair is brown at the moment but it has reddish and purple tones to it. She just wants a brown dye over it, No stripping of the colour. Of course it’s not as simple as just putting a brown on top I need to put 0/22 in with it, but just wondering what 5 other stylists suggest. I would usually use a 5/1?

Why a 5/3 and not a 5/0 or 5/1? Thank you
Id choose 5/3 because you mentioned violet tones. If you just put green over it you'd still have violet tones. Green only neutralises red.

Or

Brown is better because, it suits on every colour tone.

Id choose 5/3 because you mentioned violet tones. If you just put green over it you'd still have violet tones. Green only neutralises red.
Okay thank you! Does it come off quite light? I want to achieve around a base 55/0

That should be okay, would you suggest putting some 4 in?
You could go down to a 4 if you felt it would be better, but obviously you will need to increase the amount of mix tone.
Can you strand test?

Latest posts

Back