Purple shampoo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Is this something you still recommended for clients as homecare?
I used to have a number of clients using this with blondes to keep them cool tones but it seems to be less frequent now that I find clients still use them?
I'm asking because I have a lady who has various shades of caramel / warm toffee tones (bleach highlights then toned) who wants to be using something to keep the "redness" as she says, out between appointments.
Would purple shampoo be suitable or only for levels 8+ of clean blonde ?

If a client likes her hair ashy I recommend the bonacure or matrix silver shampoo
Educate your clients they will thank you for it xx

If a client likes her hair ashy I recommend the bonacure or matrix silver shampoo
Educate your clients they will thank you for it xx
You might find it might not be the blonde bits she's referring to it might be the toffee colours washing up a bit warm as time goes on as I do find that happens , next time you see her get her to explain a bit more get her to pick the peaces out of her hair to show you x

She doesn't have any blonde, it's all mix of level 7/8 copper, honey, caramel tones on a base of 5 brown.
Would purple shampoo have any effect to keep the tones more caramel than copper do you think?

She doesn't have any blonde, it's all mix of level 7/8 copper, honey, caramel tones on a base of 5 brown.
Would purple shampoo have any effect to keep the tones more caramel than copper do you think?

Wella have a cool brown colour conditioner.

Sorry I thought she had blond highlights then toned to keep them blonde , I would say no then I would only ever use silver on blonde hair with a slight yellow tinge , I would say what your using is got to be washing up to warm and change the colours your using , I've just read back your first message I'm confused is your client trying to keep the red in ? Or does she want to netrualise the red???

Thanks cams, I did see that was available but I don't think it's brown we want.

I will take some pictures of when she is next in before and after I tone

Latest posts

Back