Purple to blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polilops

Reaction score
I have a base 5 client who wanted to go bright purple. I bleached her a couple of times then used a Directions colour over the top.
She’s now decided she wants to go blonde. If I bleach bath over the purple it just goes green, and if I tell her to take time for it to wash out it goes a purple/greyish colour.
Any recommendations as to what colour or toner I should use to keep it around a base 9 with warmish tones?

Have you already tried to bleach it out, as it’s not clear from your post?
If it’s been bleached since using a direct dye, the colour will have partially stained the cuticle layer, otherwise, use a direct dye remover.

Have you already tried to bleach it out, as it’s not clear from your post?
If it’s been bleached since using a direct dye, the colour will have partially stained the cuticle layer, otherwise, use a direct dye remover.
No, I’ve not bleached it over the purple - just know what happens from past experiences
She’s still pretty undecided about what kinda blonde she’s after achieving, but I’m thinking on the slightly warm side would suit her skin tone

Ok. If you can use a direct dye colour remover, I’d try that first and see where it leaves you. I’d then formulate the blonde tint dependent on what tones you are neutralising.
Also, what’s her skin tone like? If she’s keen on bright purple, that suggests that she might suit cooler colours and warmer tones might make her skin look muddy.

Latest posts

Back