Purple without bleaching

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spikeyfaerie

Reaction score
I'm doing a client's hair on Saturday (she's also a friend) and she would like to go purple.

I've attached a couple of pictures she's sent that she would like to be as close as possible without bleaching and semi-permanent up-keep.

She's naturally about a base 5 warm tones, with mid-ends around a 3/4 that's fading out. I've told her I'll have to cleanse the previous colour but does anyone have any suggestions how to lift to a bright purple without bleaching to white first?

Would getting it to an 8rv with extra rv mix be bright enough or would it be better to do the 8rv and then do a semi-purple over?

I use Matrix so would like suggestions with this please.

http://wolfieshadowness.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/vibrant_hair_by_jacksfluzey.jpg

http://cdnimg.visualizeus.com/thumb...ashion-e27c2248eda13aeee9645710af6da61b_h.jpg

You won't get that colour without pre lightning x

She realises that those two colours are pre-lightened...she just wants to be more purple than plum...

You won't get that colour without pre lightning x

My thoughts too!! Also will fade quick so will advise her that she will be having it done quite frequent!!

Try the .77x in Indola it's like majicontrast but suitable for scalp application, it comes in bases 5-8 you'll still need a colour bombtho as any of the bright vibrant colours do as they fade so quickly

What about pack loads of slices in of something like the goldwell tropics v or 100.99 igora what lifts and deposits and then colourflood with just a violet toned colour? Its not going to be as harsh as bleach xx

What about pack loads of slices in of something like the goldwell tropics v or 100.99 igora what lifts and deposits and then colourflood with just a violet toned colour? Its not going to be as harsh as bleach xx

Still won't achieve the colour, and as for bleach being hash its not! Only when used incorrectly and with the wrong developer and hair is therefore abused!

You can maintain healthy strong shiny bleached hair! Aslong as it's usd properly

Hmmm...wonder if she'd be up for dark purpley from tint with some panels of bleach and semi so the regrowth isn't as obvious...

my 2nd in charge has it done when i do her hair the rep told us to use half sored rv and half blue additive with 20vol roots and 30vol but use it in foils fine slices and u will be sweet and hers lasts like 6weeks then wen we do her retouch we use 20 vol on roots and half color sync hd rv half blue additive with sync developer just to refresh it. it will be perfect. but to a test strand cause u might be able to get away with 20vol roots to ends but u should be fine.

my 2nd in charge has it done when i do her hair the rep told us to use half sored rv and half blue additive with 20vol roots and 30vol but use it in foils fine slices and u will be sweet and hers lasts like 6weeks then wen we do her retouch we use 20 vol on roots and half color sync hd rv half blue additive with sync developer just to refresh it. it will be perfect. but to a test strand cause u might be able to get away with 20vol roots to ends but u should be fine.

Your lucky because you have logics out there, we don't so we have no blue additive

I've spoken to her again, it's the regrowth issue she's bothered about if she went all-over bleach and semi so she's happy to go with darker permanent with slices of bleach/semi which she can top up by herself and not have to worry about the roots quite so often.

You've gota be realistic with your friend/client. Either way she'll have regrowth. I think you could still have the vibrancy throughout. My idea is to go in dark on the roots, shes a base 5 natuarally and the ends are arounda 3 lets say.
Cleanse hair, then go 5bv 10vol on roots to deposit natual tone but to also give it a pop of colour. create a balayage technique before or afterwards (your choice), i would lift after cleanse, this way regrowth wont be such an issue. I would use vlight 20vol then apply a crazy colour right at the end.

Long process!

In my head if i was super unsure i would call technical helpline.

I was debating whether the new metallic pearls csync 8p or 10p with 3v-(but its discontinued) would have worked really well if you just toned it for around5-10mins afterwards just to stain the hair! hths xoxo

You've gota be realistic with your friend/client. Either way she'll have regrowth. I think you could still have the vibrancy throughout. My idea is to go in dark on the roots, shes a base 5 natuarally and the ends are arounda 3 lets say.
Cleanse hair, then go 5bv 10vol on roots to deposit natual tone but to also give it a pop of colour. create a balayage technique before or afterwards (your choice), i would lift after cleanse, this way regrowth wont be such an issue. I would use vlight 20vol then apply a crazy colour right at the end.

Long process!

In my head if i was super unsure i would call technical helpline.

I was debating whether the new metallic pearls csync 8p or 10p with 3v-(but its discontinued) would have worked really well if you just toned it for around5-10mins afterwards just to stain the hair! hths xoxo

Oh I like the idea of doing the balayage...she's wanting some layers so I could brighten up the ends and still do some slices around the top to break up the dark.

This is why I love this forum, so many ideas and time to mull them over :)

whats logics its part of socolour:D:suprised:

Latest posts

Back