Purple

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tez85

Reaction score
Help. I posted not too long ago about a client wanting purple. I took a load of strands to test and achieved a lovely dark purple, but when I've applied this to her hair it's not happened. Her hair has been previously coloured to a base of 2 /3. With the strand test I'd pre lightened it twice and applied a mix of 99/0 with 0/66 + a touch or 9/1 + 6% the results on the test was lovely. I've done the exact same to her hair (mid length and ends) to her hair and not even a hint of purple. Can someone recommend what I can do now please. I'm using wella koleston prefect and special mix

Help. I posted not too long ago about a client wanting purple. I took a load of strands to test and achieved a lovely dark purple, but when I've applied this to her hair it's not happened. Her hair has been previously coloured to a base of 2 /3. With the strand test I'd pre lightened it twice and applied a mix of 99/0 with 0/66 + a touch or 9/1 + 6% the results on the test was lovely. I've done the exact same to her hair (mid length and ends) to her hair and not even a hint of purple. Can someone recommend what I can do now please. I'm using wella koleston prefect and special mix
Check the porosity of her hair. The purple that you're using could be too dense.
Or the other suggestion would be to make sure you tone out the underlying tones first, then apply your target shade. If the hair is still yellow or orange, the amount of violet in the colour might not be enough to neutralise and still reflect violet.

As @ronray explained. If the hair is yellow, the purple colour you applied will have simply neutralised the yellow tones.
You would need to reapply the purple to the neutralised hair.

Latest posts

Back