Push up maintenance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley79

Ashley79
Reaction score
I keep getting conflicting advice. The lady who trained me said after 6-8 weeks the micro/ nano ring can be 'pushed up' to the root & should be done for free???

You can do an offer for free push up but make sure you charge for it initially so you don't lose out.

I take the ring off,comb off the hair that naturally sheds,put a new ring and apply the extensions.

I'm also not sure on what to do for maintenance. I've sort of been winging it [emoji23] would like to know everyone standard procedures!

When I trained they said push ring up at 6 wks but if hair was matted brush out and re apply x

Why would it be done for free? Unless your offering a promotion... If you do that you won't be paid for your time!

With any form of ring I open the ring, take it off brush dead hair out and replace, I think pushing the ring up is messy and lazy IMO just put new ones on!

I would always replace the ring, this looks neater , gets rid of old hairs, I've pushed up rings a few times and never been happy with it after, only if the client was a complete saint with looking after her extensions would I attempt to push them up. X

I would always replace the ring, this looks neater , gets rid of old hairs, I've pushed up rings a few times and never been happy with it after, only if the client was a complete saint with looking after her extensions would I attempt to push them up. X
Thanks guys much appreciated. So does the 6-8 weeks maintenance take just as long as putting them all in the first place??

Thanks guys much appreciated. So does the 6-8 weeks maintenance take just as long as putting them all in the first place??

It shouldn't do as you won't need to section all over again, and you know exactly where the hair is going.

It shouldn't do as you won't need to section all over again, and you know exactly where the hair is going.
How long does a full head micro fitting take you and then a full head maintenance? I really want a solid plan to go by! At the moment I offer 6 weekly maintenance where I will just maintain (replaced any that have fallen out, re apply any that have slipped and undo any matting) then 6 weeks later do a full refit of all I didn't previously do. Hopefully then after a couple of cycles I'll pretty much be taking out and re installing half a head each time. Or I offer to go every 8 weeks and have a total refit everytime. I don't really know why I offer the two different ones or if that even sounds okay what I'm doing?

I check up after 6 weeks and put any that have fallen out back in and push up any that have dropped etc usually takes me around 15-20 mins? Then 6 weeks later I take all of them out and wash if needs be and re-fit X

I check up after 6 weeks and put any that have fallen out back in and push up any that have dropped etc usually takes me around 15-20 mins? Then 6 weeks later I take all of them out and wash if needs be and re-fit X
Do u push up nanos or just micro rings?

I recently did a refit of nano rings at 8 weeks. I didn't ideally want to do them that late, but my client had cancelled two weeks on the trot. There was a little bit of matting but it was mainly dirt under the rings. I got her to wash her hair, gave it a blast with the hair dryer and applied them all again.

We have booked in for 6 weeks so hopefully there will be no matting this time.

I would do a full refit every time, but as said above if you know where you are placing the ring after you have just taken the other off, it shouldn't take as long as the first fitting.

I recently did a refit of nano rings at 8 weeks. I didn't ideally want to do them that late, but my client had cancelled two weeks on the trot. There was a little bit of matting but it was mainly dirt under the rings. I got her to wash her hair, gave it a blast with the hair dryer and applied them all again.

We have booked in for 6 weeks so hopefully there will be no matting this time.

I would do a full refit every time, but as said above if you know where you are placing the ring after you have just taken the other off, it shouldn't take as long as the first fitting.
Thanks!

Also there was lots of the client's natural hair attached to the nano tip when I took them out. Is that normal? (I didn't fit the nanos) I don't want to recommend them to clients saying they don't damage your hair if they do

Do u push up nanos or just micro rings?
Just micro rings, I'm trained to do nanos but don't offer them, I'm trying to do wefts more now tho to be honest X

Also there was lots of the client's natural hair attached to the nano tip when I took them out. Is that normal? (I didn't fit the nanos) I don't want to recommend them to clients saying they don't damage your hair if they do
It's normal to have hair attached, it's just what would have fallen out anyway but it gets stuck there until they're removed :) I'd always warn your clients of this to save panic on removals lol! X

It's normal to have hair attached, it's just what would have fallen out anyway but it gets stuck there until they're removed :) I'd always warn your clients of this to save panic on removals lol! X
Thanks.. It did look a bit scary!

Latest posts

Back