Putting an offer in for new premises for my salon - a few questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsHBeauty

Reaction score
Soo exciting it will be a great move for my salon. Just got to get the final confirmation from the bank regarding the money, then on Tuesday we're putting in the offer. I am confident we can secure it before it goes to auction on the 25th June - especially with money in the bank and no mortgage to sort out.

I will be adding some hairdressing stations (on a rent a chair basis) we will have 4 beauty rooms, 2 nail desks and 4 hairdressing stations. Plus staff kitchen 3 toilets 3 cupboards.

Q1)How many back washes do I need for 4 hair dressing stations?

Q2) what have you found the best way to advertise for hairdressers to rent a chair? I would prefer existing clientele, established hair dressers.

Q3) has anyone had any luck employing a nail tech to do extensions and manicures but not any gel polish/shellac?

Q4) I have a room which has room for probably 4 couches and was thinking about hiring it out for a training venue. It's a great location by a public carpark 5 mins from the M5. Is there a good way or place to advertise this?

Q5) would I be required to supply someone to clean up hair etc for the hairdressers or shall they do it they're selves.

I have a million more but ill prob save them for my hairdresser when I next see her.

:)

Ooo good luck, how exciting for you!

Q1) at a busy hair salon (well 2 actually) I worked at as a sat girl we only ever had 2 back washes for more than 4 stylists.

As for cleaning up hair etc id say it is up to them to manage between them.

Or you could offer a higher rent & employ a junior to wash hair & clean up / take appointments.

I think the training room sounds like a fab idea too!

Xx

Thank you :)

Anyone else who can offer an my advice ?

Z

Just wanted to say good luck :)
Also where abouts in Somerset is it? My partner is from down that way and often end up down there now and again.

Also if all goes well you know where to come for a shop sign ;)

Thank you.

The salons in Burnham on sea.

Every day is going very slow!

I'm in back wash hell at the minute. I am completely overwhelmed and confused as to what is the best type of hair washing facilities!

Thank you.

The salons in Burnham on sea.

Every day is going very slow!

I'm in back wash hell at the minute. I am completely overwhelmed and confused as to what is the best type of hair washing facilities!

2 back washes will be more than sufficient. We run 15 mirrors with 3! Lol

Latest posts

Back