Putting bleach/powder 30/40 on scalp whilst pregnant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linzimck2004

Reaction score
My client 2morrow normally does her own hair she uses power n 30vol 40vol .....she's asked me to do it but she's 26 weeks pregnant ...... What's ur thoughts x

I don't use anything stronger than 20 vol on the scalp

My client 2morrow normally does her own hair she uses power n 30vol 40vol .....she's asked me to do it but she's 26 weeks pregnant ...... What's ur thoughts x
30 or 40vol! is that on the scal im resuming it is if she does it herself! thats really high to use i wouldnt use more than 20 tbh. as for being pregnant i think its fine as long as your doing it in a well ventilated area so she isnt inhaling. x

what are your thoughts?

Me personally dont touch anyone in first or last trimester. Although studies dont endorse it, its better to be safe than sorry as the hormonal imbalances that occur with pregnancy vary on individuals.

I certainally would not proceed in the way you client wishes you to carry out. (im the professional, not the client!) 10-20 vol the most on scalp application. Also beware as any overlap may cause the hair to break off due to too much over processing.

what base is she, that shes using 30-40vol? xoxo

I agree with the other geeks, 20vol max, and make sure her hair in NOT freshly washed. As for being pregnant, how many pregnant ladies do you see walking about with 6" of roots? You don't. I've had 2 children and coloured my hair throughout as I wasn't going to fat and grey! Bleach is fine but if tints involved patch test 24 hrs beforehand every time.

Why not freshly washed? Never heard this before

Why not freshly washed? Never heard this before

You've never heard of that?? Blimey! The skins natural oils protect the scalp, if it's clean it burns like bugger. That's as old as the hills, same rule for tint and bleach. Must be showing my age lol!

Never heard it and can't say anyone has ever said they feel any difference if they leave or wash their hair.

I have never heard of the 'NOT freshly washed' thing either - if anything I tell my clients to make sure their hair is clean before a colour! I was taught that greasy hair forms a barrier and could hinder the development of a colour. Horses for courses lol :D

Can't say I've heard if that I've coloured fresh washed and non fresh washed and never noticed any difference and never had anyone really complain about their scalp :o YET lol x

freshly washed hair is surely the best as there is no barriers to stop the colour developing properly, natural or from product build up. as others have said i to have never heard of this if im honest. x

There is no evidence to say it is dangerous to colour anyones hair in pregnancy.
Increased hormone activity, however, sometimes can interfere with the development of the product.

That aside, no stronger than 6%, should be used on the scalp when bleaching. You will get a better result the lower the peroxide. As for cleanliness of the hair, it really doesn't matter with bleaching, as it will cut through any oil.

You will find it might be a bit unpredictable, lift wise, I found out I was pregnant due too my colour developing a lot different to usual, hormones argh!!xx

Latest posts

Back