Putting l&p enhancement on split nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amethyst_Angel

Reaction score
Hello geeks!

Please could you advise me.

Having just completed the first part of my training in l&p enhancements, I'm needing to do some serious practise!!! I wanted to have a go at putting enhancements on my own nails, however ever since I had my old enhancements removed, my nails have been in a very sorry state and have cracked and split all over the place! :cry: My thumbnail had a horizontal split, maybe 1/3 of the way down the nail plate from the free edge, which I tried to cut off by cutting down from the free edge to join the crack (leaving an area of nail bed exposed). However, now the crack is continuing to progress along the nail plate. :irked:

I would like to know if it would be possible for me to tip this and strengthen it in some way, using my l&p?

Any advise will be gratefully received.

Many thanks fellow geeks :hug:

Kirst

i had a nail like this - i put a fabric overlay on then overlayed in L&P .
Stopped me fron knocking/catching it and making it worse, it protected it as it grew out. I have also done it withe L&P alone xx

i had a nail like this - i put a fabric overlay on then overlayed in L&P .
Stopped me fron knocking/catching it and making it worse, it protected it as it grew out. I have also done it withe L&P alone xx

Thanks Rach!

How would I go about that, then? I'm planning on tipping the rest of my nails. Should I (dare I say it??) attempt to sculpt my dodgy nail on a form?

If you can apply a tip so that it covers and protects the area that is cracked and split you can then do a nice thin L&P overlay to add some strength until you can see that it has grown out.

Sounds like someone has/you have really given your nails a beating during training!! This should not happen.

If you can apply a tip so that it covers and protects the area that is cracked and split you can then do a nice thin L&P overlay to add some strength until you can see that it has grown out.

Sounds like someone has/you have really given your nails a beating during training!! This should not happen.

That is *SOOO* true, but sadly not during training. I had enhancements done where the tech was a smidge gung ho with the abrasive. I had onycholysis and all sorts of damage! On the plus side, my tutor was very impressed and showed the rest of the class some real life nail damage. Ho hum... :green:

I would need to use a tip with a large contact area to cover the area that is currently exposed. I normally file the contact area away to practically nothing. Would it be okay to use a large contact area tip (i.e. formation, perhaps?) without filing out the well?

Many thanks for all your help! :hug:

i left a bigger well area on my tips - to protect the damage - just thinned it out before applying, applied it and overlayed as normal xx

Latest posts

Back