Putting your prices up!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you are reluctant to increase your service charge, is it because

• You think your clients will think you are a greedy .. so and so?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The salon down the road will then be cheaper than you?

• You think you will loose your client base?

• You think your clients can't affor it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
im in the process of putting my prices up at the moment! ive suggested it to most of my clients and they have told me "if they want you" they will pay. so .............prices are going up. i feel that my services deserve it. they have been at £25 full set for 2 years now so i think its about time........... dont you folks

I agree with everyone, you must never sell yourself short!! I am relatively new to being a nail tech myself and have finally got the offer to work in a salon part-time. This was based on a set of nails i did early on, which i have to say weren't my best. It took me ages to work out what prices i wanted to charge, but the way i did it was to research what people in my area were charging, from mobile techs to salons, then i decided to take a sort of middle ground.

I asked everyone i knew what they were prepared to pay and showed them my prices. I was very surprised that most poeple won't usually go for the cheapest if they value their nails. CHEAPER IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER!

Some of my friends said they were more likely to avoid the cheap ones than use them. Plus when i did my first set of enhancements on a nail biter, i wasn't going to charge as it was practise and experience. After taking 3 hours to do them, the girl was so pleased she insisted on paying me, which i have to say was such a confidence boost.

I have since got new clients due to people seeing my work and as most people say it's not what you charge its the quality of your work!

Sorry to ramble on,:o

Just love what i do.

Hi guys and gals,!!

Well when i was first started learning nails i said to my friends and family that if they wanted their nails done, the would have to pay 10 pounds, which is reasonable, considering it used to take me 3hrs and they werent brill to say the least!!. Everyone was fine with that, and i did do a lot of friends and family and it enabled me to begin the long road to perfection where nails are concerned! However, when i qualified i told them all that the prices were going to increase, as i have my qualification and they had improved massively, again they were fine. By now i had quite a few members of my family and close friends who wanted their nails done, and they were getting them cheap at 18 pounds a set. After a few months i realised that i wasnt making any money so i decided to go for it and increase my price to 25 pounds, which is where it stayed until i did my creative conversion, and i now charge 30 pounds for a full set. I know i did charge relatively cheap, but the clients coming to me were also doing me a favour, i was able to practice on them and they still paid me for it. I now feel a lot more confident with regards to how good my nails look, but i am my own worst enemy and can be really hard on myself. As i said im on the road to perfection and i think im about 80% there, just got to get the other 20% then i will be happy!!! LOL!!!

Michelle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back