Q&A overlays

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

florence2004

Reaction score
ok so when doing overlays on natural nails or tips using L&P do you still have to work in 3 zones if only using pink? Do I have to create a smile line using the pink?

just bumping this up as i'm interested to know the answer as well!! x

I'd say if you are only using one colour to overlay then no......I would not make a smile line.......

ok so when doing overlays on natural nails or tips using L&P do you still have to work in 3 zones if only using pink? Do I have to create a smile line using the pink?
I am sure that there are people better qualified than me to answer but here goes.
I was taught to still work in 3 zones, zone 1 is still in that area but it is not necessary to follow the smile line.
Feel free to correct me oh wise ones.:)

There is no need to create a smile line with just pink, natural or clear.

ok I didn't mean a smile line as such, but you do place 3 beads yes?

I did mine the other day and just did them with one in the middle that I managed to spread out across the whole nail but wasn't sure if this was right

If your overlay is structurally sound and in balance then it doesn't matter how you apply in zones or using one ball....its up to you.

Latest posts

Back