Q&A sculpting with Brisa

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

florence2004

Reaction score
I have a client coming in tonight for gel enhancements and she usually has sculpts. I have not sculpted with brisa yet only tipped and overlayed.

Can I just check that when you create your base layer with clear or pink that you take it onto the form in zone one and then put white sculpting gel on after?

Thanks

Can I just check that when you create your base layer with clear or pink that you take it onto the form in zone one and then put white sculpting gel on after?
I don't, when I apply my base layer I apply it to the nail only.

hth's

It does Sandi thanks
Just read the tutorial on sculpting and that says to do the white tip sculpt before any other layers, although it is a generic tutorial for any system!

I was taught to do a reverse application when sculpting with Brisa, ie do zones 2 and 3 then zone 1 afterwards.

It's ok to do the free edge first though, this is the way I work sometimes, especially when applying my glitter mix gel to zone 1.

when you say reverse application do you mean similar to the application for tips with POW?

Hiya,
I apply the form and do the base layer taking the gel over the form to form the free-edge, I then do zone 3 and 2 with pink and then apply my white scultpting gel to the new tip.:)

I do my bonder layer first (pink) on that natural nail after liquid bond....4 finger, 4 fingers, I always do the thumbs last, still working out how to fit them in lol!

Then I sculpt out the tip on a normal form using clear, then cure.

Remove the form and inhibition layer and gently file the tip I've created.

I then use builder white to create the free edge, freeze, and then clear on the bed and tip to fill in any low spots. I've given up the reverse method as my whites were ending up too thick and not curing, which is why I have encorporated the clear tip sculpt!

Hope this makes sense, just another way of doing it, but gel ain't my main forte!

Hiya,
I apply the form and do the base layer taking the gel over the form to form the free-edge, I then do zone 3 and 3 with pink and then apply my white scultpting gel to the new tip.:)
This is what I do too. Just be careful to keep it very thin.

I don't know why the little neutral smilie is there?? I didn't do it.

I just tried my first set of sculpts using gel - not good. I sculpted the tip with the white after doing the bonder layer which is what it says on the CND website. Found that my gel just went everywhere and I wasted a lot cleaning off my brush to neated it all up! and the sculpts were very un even - couldn't seem to get the gel to lay flat??

Oh well practice make perfect I suppose!

Latest posts

Back