Q&A tips breaking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

florence2004

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I seem to be having trouble with my tips breaking off sets. It doesn't matter whether it's gel or L&P both myself and clients seem to break nail off at the tip right where it has been adheared to the natural nail. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Is your glue still good? I have found when my glue gets to cold it sometimes makes the glue brittle and hard for adhesion ..........are you putting enough glue on the tips to properly secure them before enhancing them?... so when you blend in the tip you may be loosening it with the file ........also are you making the stress area strong enough to avoid breakage?...stress area to thin so that the nail pops........

thanks geeks. Sorry to sound stupid but how exactly do I build up the stress area? On gel I am putting my pea sized amount of gel on zone 2 and lightly pushing it out towards side walls, cuticle area and tip. On l&P I am using a medium size ball which I place just below the smile line - what else can I do?

thanks geeks. Sorry to sound stupid but how exactly do I build up the stress area? On gel I am putting my pea sized amount of gel on zone 2 and lightly pushing it out towards side walls, cuticle area and tip. On l&P I am using a medium size ball which I place just below the smile line - what else can I do?

have a read of the tutorials they are brilliant on how to describe about the stress area.

I have read the tutorials - many times and I have Gigi's book which I have read cover to cover more times than I can remember.

I have read the tutorials - many times and I have Gigi's book which I have read cover to cover more times than I can remember.

Put it this way.......
The way for you to sort the problem is to:

apply slightly more product over the area where the breakages happen....The Stress Area, the area that is the stregnth of your enhanced nail.

Apply more product there to create the gentle arch that is your Apex.

:)

thanks Ruth - thats what I needed!

Latest posts

Back