Q+A Weekend Question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladybgemini

Reaction score
Ok, Something I have always wanted to know.

Why does L&P seem to create more heat when filing with an e-file than gel?

Rachel

heat...is caused by friction of 2 surfaces rubbing together ( 2 sticks make a fire theory lol) the faster you file the more friction, the more heat....i suppose e files can cause more heat due to the speed the bit turns and if it isnt been moved around a larger surface ie the whole enhancement, then this will cause alot of heat, saying that a good old 180 file can cause just as much heat if someone files too agressive and keeps filing in one area too long....dont think it makes much difference to either l&p or gel......maybe rough handed ness with l&p is down to application, or gel is softer to file, either way heat is caused by aggresive filing whatever system i reckon

i'd say because the file does not have to work so hard to file the softer gel whereas you need to file more and thus create more friction to file l/p

If your getting too much heat with your E-file your not using it right.. your touch is a tad to heavy and your not moving the file enough.

I reckon its because l&p is harder than gel, and therefore (said in posh tones) the e-file has to file for longer & with different pressure to get a result.

Whaddya think? Seems sensible to me anyway! :green:

Latest posts

Back