Q&A yellow stuff coming from brush

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

florence2004

Reaction score
Hi geeks
I have noticed when I clean my brush with monomer and wipe it that it leave behind a yellow streak. It seems to be coming from one end up near the ferrule so I am wondering if it is the glue that is breaking down or if the brush is contaminated?

Your brush is contaminated my love, you will need to get a new one xx

can you clean it in hot soapy water, saitise then soak it in monomer?

can you clean it in hot soapy water, saitise then soak it in monomer?

No harm in trying, but you would be VERY lucky if this sorted it, generally when a brush is contaminated it can't be saved IMO

thanks. I must admit it it my first brush that I got with my kit last year when I did foundation training so it is a year old now. It has chunks missing out of it where I didn't clean right and stuff but I kinda like the shape of it now!!

I once managed to save a contaminated brush by soaking in clean monomer for 24 hrs,
you could try this but if it has been contaminated for a long time i doubt this will work,
good luck hun :hug:

thanks. I must admit it it my first brush that I got with my kit last year when I did foundation training so it is a year old now. It has chunks missing out of it where I didn't clean right and stuff but I kinda like the shape of it now!!
lol, sounds like you could do with a new one anyway!

Get a new one... I have my first brush too.. it sits in my kit and serves as a warning to the other brushes... it warns them that this too can happen to you if you don't behave..... My First pro-styler died a grizzly death while trying to clean out the contamination... it melted. (this was ages ago!) so yeah the brush head sits in the kit to warn the others about the dangers of cross contamination :)

yeah I have a master brush too and a couple of others. I tend to use this brush for glitters mainly so I guess it's time for the bin!

I do get very attatched to my brush but i do always have a spare just incase i have to put my good old realiable friend to rest lol :cry:

Latest posts

Back