Q for Ruth or anyone who loves fibreglass

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLAOH

jog jog jogging
Reaction score
I did a set of fibreglass at the weekend and the lady wanted the natural look. She didn't have much of a free edge but what was there, I shaped and did all the correct prep. Why is at the end you can still see the natural line of the free edge showing through? and on a couple of them they looked like she had dirt under the nail.

I would love to solve this problem as it's quite disheartening to produce lovely shaped nails with a dirty look!!! :)

In my experience that line of dirt you`re describing sounds like too much adhesive. If you gently pull the skin from the nail just underneath that line may disappear. I am assuming there wasn`t really any dirt as you would have done your prep, and that this line just looks like it is.
It is much better practice to make sure you don`t use too much adhesive and that when it oozes out it does so onto the nail so you can wipe it off and not underneath the nail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back