Q Monomer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simona

Reaction score
Hi Guys this might be a silly question. I had ordered two bottles of monomer of 8oz. By the time i got to the second one, which it might have been about a month and a couple of weeks the hole bottle is to trow away. It has become like jelly. I know i did not check it when i got it, ( i should have), I don't keep me nail stuff no were near heat. Does anyone know what could have caused that. Was it maybe cause they sended to me old????

Thank you

In my experience, it is usually down to excessive heat (if the bottle hasn't been opened yet). If you are positive that you haven't kept it near any heat source... then it may have occurred during shipping. Chances are it would have left the distributor fine as they would have noticed right away after picking it up to pack it.

Good luck ;)

hi simona,

mr geekmaster himself is right, as usual!!!

i have only ever seen this happen once with a bottle of qmonomer. the distributors had just recieved the shipment and this was the only bottle with a problem!!!

all i can suggest is for you to contact your distributor and explain the problem and see what they say.

sorry i cant help any more

antony

The monomer has polymerised! Jelly is what it looks like without the 'scaffolding' of the powder (and other chemical reactions). Shouldn't happen under normal conditions though.

Marian

Thank you guys, i know i am just going to have to toss it away. But i just needed to know for my self.

Thank you

Next time, try to see if you can send it back. If you ever receive a product that looks like it's "gone bad", and you're sure you stored it right to begin with, call the company, and see if you can send it back for an exchange. I knew someone who ordered a gallon of monomer, and it was like jelly (like yours), and she sent it back to the co. and they sent her a new one. Just a thought, it certainly doesn't hurt to try.

Latest posts

Back