Q's about Clip in hair extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TaylorMae

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm currently in the long and tedius proccess of growing my hair out and cought a few threads on clip in hair. I did a few searches but couldn't find the exact info I'm interested in.

Sofar people seem to like them, but what all is involved? Is it a matter of buying some and having a go at clipping them in? or can you go somewhere and have it done? If so, how much does that usually cost? Can you leave them in and wash them? or must they be taken out first?

Also, how short can hair be for them to look okay? the sides of my hair are only just now growing beyond the middle of my ears. I don't know if you need quite a bit of hair to begin with. I'd only want them just to my shoulder, maybe shorter, I'd love a layered graduated bob.

I dont know about the area that you live in but in leeds they are quite a few places that sell these, there is one stall in the white rose market that sells them and fits them for you so you can see how they look, then they give you all the advise on fitting and caring for them, sallys whole salers sell them too but i dont think they help you with fitting or any thing.
If your hair is only short you could tie up what you can get tied up and add a pony tail style clip in extention then it will look long while it is growing hth :hug:

Thanks :) , I've seen places that do the other types of extensions, but I don't have the time for the upkeep, or £300 to spend on it lol. I was just curious if they were more hassle than they're worth. I also doubt my ability to get the hang of making them look okay.

I brought some off ebay, just to add a few blonde flashes and they are simple and easy to put in. I don't think it's advisable to wash your hair normally with them in, personally I'd was my hair normally and was the extensions separately. if you ask you r hairdresser to cut your hair with the extensions in, I'm sure they would.
Take a look on the internet at what's available!!!
hth
xxxx

cheers, I have been looking, but all the different types and info is a bit overwhelming when you're not sure what your looking at exactly lol

I had hair extensions put in last year at Excel. Cost me around £30 for the hair and fitting. Looked fabulous. Never bothered to put them in since they just seemed too much like hard work. OK if you've got someone to put them in for you I suppose.
They gave me a headache as well, I think it's because the clips are so tight , near to your scalp.

Hi there

Have a look @ Vani-T & check out there easy info on their Gloss Hair Extensions

HtH

XX J XX

Latest posts

Back