q's for nail tech's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crafty26

Reaction score

Hi, my name is kristy and I'm from Regina, Saskatchewan. I'm currently trying to get funding for my nail tech. course and as a part of the package of things the government wants me to do they would like me to talk to a few nail tech's. and employers and get their advice and options on the job field. Anyone who could please answer some questions for me would be helping me out alot and I would really really be greatful. I'm tying to get funding for private education which is going to be tougher then trying to go to one the schools here. But I may have settle for a school here then take private education later on. Could anyone please who has the time answer a few questions for me and tell me your name and where you're from (don't only have to be from Regina)
For Nail Tech's
1. What part of this job do you find most satisfying? Most challenging?
2. What specific advice would you give a person entering this field?
3. What training would you recommend that would best prepare be for this career?

For Employers
1. What are the ideal qualifications for someone in this job?
2. What training/education would you recommend that would best prepare me for this career?
3. Is there a demand for people in this occupation?
4. Is there a preferred school?
5. What are the regular days/ hours of work?

Thank you to anyone who helps me out and answers these questions for me as it will help me out termendously.

Kristy Hendsbee
emsmile.gif

I find the most satisfying part of this job is seeing the end result and knowing you've done a good job.
The most challenging its hard to say but must say some clients can be quite challenging lol had a bad day yesterday where clients came back with nails in a terrible state, although they said they'd looked after there nails. Later I found out that one had been doing grouting with hers and the other was trying to bite them to see how strong they were, lol. Not what i would say is looking after your enhancements.

Shelley
crafty26 said:
Hi, my name is kristy and I'm from Regina, Saskatchewan. I'm currently trying to get funding for my nail tech. course and as a part of the package of things the government wants me to do they would like me to talk to a few nail tech's. and employers and get their advice and options on the job field. Anyone who could please answer some questions for me would be helping me out alot and I would really really be greatful. I'm tying to get funding for private education which is going to be tougher then trying to go to one the schools here. But I may have settle for a school here then take private education later on. Could anyone please who has the time answer a few questions for me and tell me your name and where you're from (don't only have to be from Regina)
For Nail Tech's
1. What part of this job do you find most satisfying? Most challenging?
2. What specific advice would you give a person entering this field?
3. What training would you recommend that would best prepare be for this career?

For Employers
1. What are the ideal qualifications for someone in this job?
2. What training/education would you recommend that would best prepare me for this career?
3. Is there a demand for people in this occupation?
4. Is there a preferred school?
5. What are the regular days/ hours of work?

Thank you to anyone who helps me out and answers these questions for me as it will help me out termendously.

Kristy Hendsbee
emsmile.gif

the most satisfying part of the job for me is transforming the hands of a nail biter, very often this can be the first time they have ever seen their hands with fingernails. if this then leads on to them kicking the habit, that is a real acheivement for us both. as far as training goes my advice would be to get to know an industry professional in your area to find out what skills are in demand before signing up for any training. when i started as a tech 2 years ago i was all set to join a college course but after seeking the advice of a friend who was an experienced tech it turned out that i would be wasting six months to learn only fiberglass nails when the real demand in my area is for sculpted pink and white acrylic nails. before i could be accepted on this course i also had to complete their six month manicure qualification. it was much better for me to do a private course .this area also needs much research as standards vary so much.in a nut shell, dont jump into anything before you know all the facts. :rolleyes:

hi Angel fingers, thank you so very much for your response, it will be most helpful to be and i found it be very informative. if you would mind could u please send me u'r first name and where your from.

Thanks again, i'm very greatful
kristy

Shelley Clarke said:
I find the most satisfying part of this job is seeing the end result and knowing you've done a good job.
The most challenging its hard to say but must say some clients can be quite challenging lol had a bad day yesterday where clients came back with nails in a terrible state, although they said they'd looked after there nails. Later I found out that one had been doing grouting with hers and the other was trying to bite them to see how strong they were, lol. Not what i would say is looking after your enhancements.

Shelley
Hi Shelley , thank you for your response, it willmost helpful to me

Kristy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back