Qualifications advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nadia Majid

Reaction score
i want to train in microdermabrasian and my insurer said i have to be qualified in level 2 beauty therapy but for my lvl lashes and waxing i have done day courses which they have accepted . they were accredited by the guild . is that what they mean ?

Some insurers have different qualification requirements for different treatments. For example my friend did a dermaplaning course but can't get insured by some insurers because they require level 2 or 3 in beauty therapy qualification before they will insure her. Your insurance company may be the same. So I guess you need to either do the beauty therapy level 2 or find an insurer that doesn't require it.

If you intend making your career in beauty services, then I think it makes more sense to gain an industry approved and nationally recognised qualification rather than rely entirely on short courses.
Also, if you ever need to find salon employment, they will generally require a minimum of a level 2 in Beauty Therapy.

For comparison, a lot of hair extensionists aren't qualified hairdressers and last year one of the main insurers suddenly stopped offering insurance to non hairdressers.

Latest posts

Back