Qualifications needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marie111

Reaction score
Hi all, I've put a couple of posts on here about the poor training I had. Anyway reading a few posts I'm begginning to wonder if I even have a proper qualification.
I did a vctc (?) Level 2 in Nail treatments, I still have not completed this course although it was started in November because we have to take an exam next month. (M2 & M74)
This consisted of applying tips, gel, then I did a eperate course for whih I just received a certificate stating that I had attended a workshop in Acrylic, sculpting, fibreglass.
According to our tutor she said that most places would just offer workshop certificates.
Now I'm beginning to wonder, am I actually qualified?
I was just going to take a conversion course with Ezflow but if I'm not properly qualified I'll have to start from scratch won't I?
I'm currently doing a few nails on a mobile basis (always fibreglass because I'm not confident in acrylic)
Any light on this matter would be grateful.
Thanks Marie

hi

pm "geeg" she will give you loads of info.

marie111 said:
Hi all, I've put a couple of posts on here about the poor training I had. Anyway reading a few posts I'm begginning to wonder if I even have a proper qualification.
I did a vctc (?) Level 2 in Nail treatments, I still have not completed this course although it was started in November because we have to take an exam next month. (M2 & M74)
This consisted of applying tips, gel, then I did a eperate course for whih I just received a certificate stating that I had attended a workshop in Acrylic, sculpting, fibreglass.
According to our tutor she said that most places would just offer workshop certificates.
I was just going to take a conversion course with Ezflow but if I'm not properly qualified I'll have to start from scratch won't I?
I'm currently doing a few nails on a mobile basis (always fibreglass because I'm not confident in acrylic)
Thanks Marie

if you contact california nails (EzFlow UK) on 01204 412001 they will be able to tell you if you have are able to do a conversion or if the beginners course is more suitable

Jess
xox

Hi

Once you have done your M2 M74 you will have a proper qualification, with vtct you can do a conversion straight away if you want. The M2 M74 is really easy, its all mulitiple choice. Most of it is common sense.

Sammie

marie111 said:
Thanks Marie

Thankyou so much for that I can sleep easy tonight. I haven't got my file as it's still at college since as the course isn't technically complete because of M2 & M74 exam so can't revise. Am I right in thinking it's all to do with health & safety?

Marie

I have got that qualification. Nothing wrong with it at all. You will need to do your exams as well as handing in a complete portfolio to get your qualification. I think you should phone your college and speak to someone so you can finish it off. :biggrin:

It is mainly to do with H&S as well as data protection and if i remember rightly i think it had a question on contra-indications...

Sammie

marie111 said:
Thankyou so much for that I can sleep easy tonight. I haven't got my file as it's still at college since as the course isn't technically complete because of M2 & M74 exam so can't revise. Am I right in thinking it's all to do with health & safety?

Marie

marie111 said:
Thanks Marie

Hi Marie

I did the VCTC level 2 in Nail Technology and I had to do a lot of work to gain my diploma (which started in September 2003 and finished in June 2004) and I feel more than qualified, having done this course to work as a Nail Technician, but having said this I am still doing one2ones to improve my skills already learnt...

WHich system of Liquid and powder did or are you using at college, as you could always book a one to one with that company once you have completed this course....

I found the exam quite straight forward and 60% was common sence the rest you will know from you classes anyway...If you need to have a read of your Beauty/Nail books to refresh your H&S knowledge and COSH and relax,

You will pass & be thrilled to bits.....

Latest posts

Back