Qualifications

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jolynam85

Reaction score
Hi all

I am having seconds thoughts whether or not to complete my portfolio for nvq as finding it difficult juggling this, work and young daughter. I obtained my mani/pedi through the Carlton institute and am attending a gel polish training course of which I will get qualified in that. Do u think this will be enough and I am able to put the word out there that I do manicures/pedi and gel polish treatments?

Thanks
Jo :)

Hi all

I am having seconds thoughts whether or not to complete my portfolio for nvq as finding it difficult juggling this, work and young daughter. I obtained my mani/pedi through the Carlton institute and am attending a gel polish training course of which I will get qualified in that. Do u think this will be enough and I am able to put the word out there that I do manicures/pedi and gel polish treatments?

Thanks
Jo :)

Hi Jo,

It all depends on the quality of your training and therefor how you feel about going out there to provide services on the public. If your courses are adequate to allow you to be insured then there is no reason why not.

What were you planning on studying at NVQ level?

Plenty of us gain qualifications though shorter courses with private companies rather than the collage route. There is a wide range of quality out there though, so it depends how confident you feel personally after the training experience you have had.

What do you need to do to complete your portfolio? My instinct is to say just plug on with it and get it done if it's something you could push yourself to do, but I'm not in your shoes, although I do have a 2 year old. What would help you finish it? Can we help encourage or help you? Virtual hugs coming your way.

I have done shorter training courses that get me insured in a certain area, which if I then go on to do case studies and pay more money, I can get an nvq in them. Is this what you mean? If so, the only advantage to do it is to be able to work abroad (I think). I knew that I wasn't bothered too much about that, so didn't proceed. As has been said, if you are confident in your treatments and are insured, it may not be worth the hassle!!!

Thanks everyone for your replies.
I am already enrolled on the nvq 2 in nail services, have done my practical training and now just have to complete the portfolio to achieve the full quali.
I have decided to stick with it anyway, it will look good on my cv etc!
All the best to you guys x

Good for you deciding to push on through!!! You've got so far. You will look back and be proud of yourself especially as you've done it with all those obstacles in your way.

Thanks everyone for your replies.
I am already enrolled on the nvq 2 in nail services, have done my practical training and now just have to complete the portfolio to achieve the full quali.
I have decided to stick with it anyway, it will look good on my cv etc!
All the best to you guys x

Keep going. I'm sat here, trying to get my NVQ 2 portfolio finished. My 2 year old is in bed. I'm also in the middle of making a cottage pie, doing my online Tesco order and trying to get my 15 year old daughter packed for her 3 day Geography field trip. To be honest, my beauty studies are my wonderful escape from mad family life. I will complete it and you can too xx

Latest posts

Back