Qualified hair extension help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clj

Reaction score
I qualified in 3 methods of hair extensions in September last year, I set up an Instagram account, bought a logo and was really excited, after 3 months of absolutely no interest and people turning their nose up at the already very low price no more than £20 profit for myself after the cost of the hair I decided to throw my kit into the spare room and give up. I really don’t want to waste a qualification in something I’ve always wanted to do. What am I doing wrong? How can I set myself up I have put so much money into this.
I set myself a goal last year to be out of my job and doing hair full time by September this year and the chances are slim to none

hair extensions are a tough market to break sometimes. what method are you using?
for me building my extensions clientele it was all about the after pictures. make sure they're amazing. rope in some friends and family and do them for cost (and its experience for you) and start posting the pictures.
talk to your clients about them, offer them as fillers to thicken out the sides ect.

Don't give up. Starting out with hair extensions as with anything that's really competitive can be frustrating at the beginning. I'd advise you to really market yourself, show you have something special that customers will want to come to you for. See what other extensionists in your area are charging and what customer care services they are offering.
Instagram and facebook ads help a lot. I've also found that instastories and videos get the best response and engagement. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back