Quasi over bleach leaves violet cast

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiatia22

Reaction score
Every time when I lowlight over bleached hair, I find it leaves a pinkly/ violet cast to the shade
Eg. Client base 10 bleached porous hair , I applied copper mousse to the foil, wiped of with cotton wool. Applied colour touch 6/7. This also happens with colour sync over bleached hair. Any ideas geeks ??

The final result isn't balanced, generally level 8 -10 colours have a violet base to counteract whilst lifting, and sensitised hair will always take cooler in tone. You need to add the extra warmth in a precolour or colourmatch. Personally I would not trust a colour mouse to get the job done myself .

Thank you adamlea87. What would you suggest? . The client had porous bleached hair level 10 and had been having a grey ash toner. I used the copper mousse for the pre pigment of an orange for the colour touch 6/7 to sit on. But if it's showing a violent cast is it missing yellow from the formula. Or would say perfecton /43 been a better pre pigment choice? It's so fiddly pre pigging when foiling.
OR was the 6/7 not warm enough maybe?

I love using colour touch 7.73 when low lighting. I have put through my own highlight every now and then to break it up a bit. No need to pre pig xx

agreed with hayley, CT /7 range is perfect to use as low lighting.

if the hair is very porous then it will fade quite quickly but i would worry that pre pigging and colouring the hair will leave a flat darker result. i dont think it would look nice next to a level 10. a translucent colour would be much more complimentary

The final result isn't balanced, generally level 8 -10 colours have a violet base to counteract whilst lifting, and sensitised hair will always take cooler in tone. You need to add the extra warmth in a precolour or colourmatch. Personally I would not trust a colour mouse to get the job done myself .
What would you suggest adamlea87. Maybe use perfection. Or was it the 6/7 that wasn't correct. ?

I've used 6/7 on its own to lowlight & it's come out fine x

I think it shows more violet over really porous over bleached hair. Think I'll pre pigment with perfecton and maybe use a /73 instead as the /3 in it might neutralise the violet cast.x

Latest posts

Back