Question about chevron on nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Gadget

Geeky Princess
Reaction score
Had a client in yesterday who wanted chevrons on her nails where her smile line should be, she didnt want airbrushing and I have never sculpted these before, I didnt know whether or not to pre-taylor a tip ie cut out the V into the well but when I tried this it looked ok but the sides of the tip came all the way down her nail.

There is an airbrush piccie of this in this months Nails magazine done by Melle but I really wanted to know if it was possible to sculpt it instead of airbrushing.

Has anyone ever tried this, and if so can you give me some guidelines on how to do them?

All comments/advice/tips greatly appreciated as client in again in 2 weeks and she wants them done for then if possible.

Why not jsut do a standard French Application, but in a V?
To be honest, airbrushing would be the easiest... but its not overly hard to do cheverons with white powder.

The Nail Geek said:
... but its not overly hard to do cheverons with white powder.
That's not what Liza (smith) says:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dellie;)

If she didn't want airbrushing, would she settle for a chevron using white enamel? You can still use the pre-cut chevron masks with enamel although you would have to use one per nail.

Failing that you could try EZ Flow's Precision Perfect Smile French tips - they give a very deep smile line which, although not a sharp 'V' shape, may be close enough for her. You could possibly perfect the centre of the 'V' when overlaying with white acrylic.

Jackie
www.LibertyNailDesign.com

Peppercorn Nails said:
That's not what Liza (smith) says:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dellie;)
I would think you would do a two ball application then, instead of one ball........
I tried a one ball cheveron and I can't get a sharp v shape with one ball, as soon as I press and aim for a sharp V it goes into a nice u shaped smile line ........
Exactly as Liza said it would lol..................

When I do it I do it more or less the same as a standard french but I do it in two parts. First one side of the V, this is usually about two thirds of the whole thing, and then the other side. Straighten the lines with your brush and poke the sharpness of the V with the point of your brush. I know some white powders, if you use two balls can cause I shadow, I used EZ Flow Truly white. This one below is about 10 days old, the natural smile line is showing through now.

Attachments

• chevron1.jpg
    chevron1.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 344
I use the ezflow percision french tips for chevrons, they have the V in the tips instead of the usual smile line.

Lou.

How about using More Than White???????

You can paint it on, neaten up all the edges and then acrylic over it???

That's what I've heard anyway. I tryed it before and it worked. Ask Geeg, she's the Queen of info on More Than White. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back