Question about facial sun cream and using moisturiser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie23

Reaction score
I have acne rosacea and I have been recommended a MD Formulations facial cleanser which is fab and has really cleared my skin. Its contains a glycolic compound and I have to use a sun factor cream. The one I chose is the 50 SPA facial sun cream by Ambre Solaire.

My question is when I use the facial cleanser do I use moisturiser and then sun factor? Or miss out the moisturiser? I dont want to overload face with too many products.

thanks for your help :hug:

anne xx

Always moisturise before you apply the sunscreen.

Thanks for the reply, wasnt sure not being a skin geek other than reflexology. Starting my Level 2 beauty tomorrow night so hopefully soon I shall be more in the know.

anne xx

Do you need both in the a.m.? I often find that an SPF has enough moisturizing ingredients to suffice. Also, is the sunscreen chemical based? A chemical based sunscreen should be applied first so that it can react with your skin - and it takes about 30-mins to do so. If it is zinc oxide or titanium oxide, those work best when put on last so they can reflect the sun rather than absorb as the chemical ones do (Octyl methoxycinnamate, etc.)

Latest posts

Back