Question about gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Techgirl

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question :oops:

Do they make a gel product that doesn't need a uv light?

I have some people that want something other then acrylics, and I know the uv lights are expensive... that's something I can't do right now

Also, where can I get the prices for Backscratcher products?

I had a class on them and thought they were really great. less harm to the natural nail....

Thanks for any info :flower:

Jamie

Techgirl said:
Also, where can I get the prices for Backscratcher products?

I had a class on them and thought they were really great. less harm to the natural nail....

Jamie

Backscratchers website is www.supernail.co.uk
I have been a fan of these for a while now until Fabric# appeared and having tried it I`m quite impressed with that too

Hiya
You could allways try doing silk or fibre/glass which give you a very natural looking nail enhancement.
Take care Dawnie

Since you are in Florida you're not going to want the UK web for Backscratchers (it would cost you a fortune to buy from here :shock: ) although you could email them here and ask for the US site!! :idea: ! If you get NAILS or NAILPRO - I am sure that Backscratchers web will be in there!!
Also one more thing... :huh:
less harm to the natural nail

remember - there are NO products that land on the natural nail and cause harm :!: It is those that are doing them that generally cause problems with over zealous buffing during PREP or re-balancing OR those lovely clients who insist on picking OFF their nails :rolleyes: !!
If a tech is working safely with ANY product, they will not harm the natural nails!! Just a thought ;)

Techgirl:

Well Hun, no product should harm the natural nail, it's the technique used that does, over filing, roughing up the natural nail aso.
Products these days are developed to adhere to the nailplate (keratin) without to much stress to the natural nail.
MMA being the exeption, it needs a velcro like base to adhere the velcor like molecules, hence they are so damaging to the nail.

As for UV less Gel there are some product out there, usualy refered to as a cool set gel. Hope this helps.
In my expirience they are only strong as regular gel , if they are used with a fabric of some sort, and in that case Fabric# from creative will be your best choice...................

Hope this helps a tad
love Ruth xxxx

their website is http://www.backscratchers.com/ for US and i believe they have links to international distributors their as well.

Every since I saw the reps nails and the ease of it... I was like I have to try this! it seems like it doesn't cause to much damage to the nat nail...

She also did silk and fiberglass, god! when i was in school u cut all the pieces even the white for the tips, boy how things have changed..LOL

My mom got me another client, she paid 45$ for what want i do for 30 out of my home..... I did the pink and whit overlay with creative.... I didn't like how they came out but my mom really likes them and so did this lady.....

I just put a clear overlay on mine yesterday....Boy do I need a nail tech.. :D It's hard doing your own!

Thanks a lot :D

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back