Question about men!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve@nouvatan

Reaction score
I have never had an issue with getting into my 1000 wash grey Y fronts and having a spray tan. (i wouldnt want to ruin my primark best undies) :biggrin:
I have been involved in this beautiful industry a long time now. and fads come and go but the Spray tanning/false tans ect is the fastest growing part of our industry 97% of people who use fake tan products are female.
But 70% of skin cancer deaths in the UK are Men.
i want to ask all you spray tanners out there a question, why are the people at most risk still DYING FOR A TAN!!
Men have traditionally worked out doors walked around topless ect
but the New Man the office bound Company car driving man is still using sunbeds Not tanning products. .
My father has undergone 4 skin cancer operations so far, so i am seeing this as a personal mission.
Is it still a stigma with hetrosexual men thats the problem. i believe so ?? so how many off you tan your boyfriend, and does he admit it down the pub ??

I tan my boyfriend, he loves it, asks for it and tells and shows everyone!,,

I tan my boyfriend, he loves it, asks for it and tells and shows everyone!,,
can i be rude and ask his age please

Mine refuses to be tanned lol even though i promised not to mention his hobbit feet lol x

Mine refuses to be tanned lol even though i promised not to mention his hobbit feet lol x
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Hobbit feet is me, i feel his pain the mrs bought my lad some slippers that looked like huge hairy feet with toes.. when i put them on nobody noticed :sad::sad:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Hobbit feet is me, i feel his pain the mrs bought my lad some slippers that looked like huge hairy feet with toes.. when i put them on nobody noticed :sad::sad:

LOL cant get near him to wax them either lol i want those slippers x:biggrin:

Mine won't have a tan but I do wax his feet, they give me the creeps all hairy :Scared:

My husband regularly has a spray tan. He's a 53 year old, weight lifting, shaven headed scouser, and although he pretends he doesn't want people to know, he actually doesn't mind that much. Looking the way he does, there aren't many people have got the guts to ask if it's fake!!!

I don't do many men but had an out of the blue gent book on line the other day. He came with his teenage daughter (for moral support he said) and he had a spray tan. He said he usually holidays somewhere really hot for a fortnight every year, but they've just moved house, so no holiday. It was the first time he had had a spray tan, and he seemed very pleased with it.

I think there is a lot of show still with a tan - it indicates you have been somewhere hot for a holiday, that you can afford it etc.

I have had clients who have had skin cancer, and I simply cannot see the pleasure in lying in the sun in that way!!!

Good luck to your dad Steve x

My husband has let me tan him once as practise but he washed it off before it had chance to take! He's 33 and definitely thinks there's a stigma attached to men having spray tans.

My hubby refuses to be spray tanned... But he wouldn't use a sun bed either lol

But I've trained him as my personal spray tanner :D

When I first did my training my husband would have none if it!

We have now created a monster and gets in a strop if he doesn't get his tan!!!!

He's 39, ex army, ex rugby player and now drives class 1 HGV's for a living! He likes a tan for going back to work, he works abroad.

He loves his Nouvatan's!

My nephew who is one of twins loves his spray tan too. His twin brother won't even go there! There are 22.

Lilian

My husband will not do it at the mo but is thinking about it for the winter? (Odd one!) my brother in law on the other hand cannot get enough! He is 41.

My husband wouldn't have one. But I have tanned a few men.
I work and live In Dorset but most of the guys I've tanned are from up north ( Liverpool ) . Here for work or on holiday. They were in there early twenties. They told me it's quite the done thing there. 😀

If I was a guy I think I'd be put off by all the orange girls who don't know how to tan properly lol

That and my boyfriend sees all the crap I go through to remove tan etc and I think that could be off putting :)

The only treatment my hubby has is a pedi. He's a builder so has a tan that's neck up, lower arms & this odd stripy look on his legs from the top of his boots to his knees!! He really doesn't get why people have a spray tan, especially in winter! I'd love to tan him buy he's not having any of it!!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

My husband is also a builder with a shaved head and his head, neck, arms and legs beneath the shorts line is ally brown so when we went on holiday I tanned him to try and blend him in a bit. He liked it but wouldn't tell anyone he'd had it done. He's 45. I also tanned my brother who is 41 a couple of times and he loved it. They were going out and it was summer. Not sure if he shouted about it though ...

Great thread Steve! There's definitely the perception with some guys that it's not the done thing. However there are more men having spray tans more than ever for sure. Men are just as vain as women - especially the younger ones. They are put off by the tango tans and unfortunately believe all tans look like this. It's all about education, a lot of actors, sportsmen and TV presenters regularly have spray tans - even Dale Winton is looking less orange these days, so the more positive representations they have the more likely the man on the street will believe in it and give it a go himself. The men in my life have no choice they're like crash test dummies when I'm working on something new lol.

MMM thank you for your replies, this has confirmed what i already new.
This summer i have been working on a new project looking at male skin types and tanning. Mens skin is thicker it is oilier and sometimes Very hairy men have a more Neutral and stable skin PH than women. this actually means that by making a few subtle adjustments to the formula Men will get better results than women as there skin is more stable. with a little change to the mixing of the sugars DHA and erythralose we have formulated a great Man tan. But i will not be launching it as it is not commercially viable. as minimum mix for the base product is 1000 litres. and i cannot see us selling 1000 litres of Man tan in a century yet alone a year and it would have to be off our shelves in 3 months or get skipped. Instead we have decided on trialing a self application Mousse and gradual Tanning creme. we have changed the formula of the Nouvatan mousse And Nouvaglow slightly added apple fragrance bottled it up in black and gold done some very manly marketing and are aiming it solely at Men. FHM mag Mens health ect have had samples and loved it. it is not for sale yet i may add and wont be for a while. it is very much in the prototype stages. we have called it NOUVAMAN its the new man thing there is no web site or anything like that yet.
And we have ploughed £1000s into it so far to make 15 bottles of each one, heres hoping.. :Scared::Scared:

I think it will sell Steve, my husband always says haven't u just got some stuff I can put on my face... That seems to be acceptable whereas a full spray tan is a bit vain!

Latest posts

Back