Question about my own hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizzie1980

Reaction score
good morning geeks,

my first question is for my own hair,its long and has always been in good condition but recently its falling out in chunks and the texture when wet is like chewing gum,the ends feels very rough indeed and i need to get a big chunk taken off it,in the meantime while i await my trusted stylist what treatments can i use? i have uniq 1 by Revlon which is usually always successful,i have used a lot of sea salt spray on it usually for days at a time when im busy and cant be bothered with it and its been pointed out that this may have caused the damage on top of the coloring and all the other things us naughty stylists do to our own hair :D......any advice would be most welcome indeed.

A question for work,whats the best shampoo to use before a perm or color service? ive noticed a lot of my senior clients hair going a purpley color when the lotion is on (it comes off when rinsing thankfully) and i know this is to do with minerals in the hair so again any suggestions for ddeep cleansing or pre-perm shampoo would be fabulous.

Thank you in advance and hope you all have a good day :)

olive oil and coconut oil saturate ur hair and leave on for as long as u can , only comb ur hair when wet from the ends up after washing ur hair try redken anti snap it's full of protein also joiko k pack and avoid heat as much as u can and tight bobbles hope that helps

[edited to remove non-pro advice]

Last edited by a moderator:
Cider Apple Vinegar....dilute in a jug of warm water and rinse your hair after washing...then conditioner....leaves my hair in lovely condition x

You must realise that chewing gum texture = completely knackered?
Salt spray - Noooo! Put it down now. That's just going to add to your woes.
You're going to need all the damage cutting out as no amount of 'miracle oils' or Olaplex can cure that.

Sounds like you need to give your hair some serious TLC from now on.

Mineral Build up: You need a good salon brand chelating shampoo to remove mineral build up, if that's what it is. Joico K-Pak chelating shampoo is very good. Any idea why they have mineral build up? Are they living in houses with lead water pipes or have they got well water?

Latest posts

Back