Question about OPI Axium soak off gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bravegirl

Reaction score
so i am in week one of my one on one training, i go in Saturdays, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday , and i have been learning about the prepping the nail, and terms so far i have been also doing a lot of research on OPI axxium gel as that is what they use most of the time in the shop!

I have a question and im sure im sounding stupid but i know in the next few weeks we will be working with gel and adding length and such but where opi is a soak of gel can you add length or would it be to soft? she has shown me the gel and its more runny then the sculpting gel she we trying to show me the difference in the two. but for example if i had someone come in and ask me for pink tips using the opi strawberry margarita, could that be done? im at home today just doing a bit more research and such and going over notes she has done for me and im reading the soak off is easy to remove and the hard gel is a buff out gel. so i figured maybe a hard gel would be better to do length and tips color am i right?

in the last 4 days with the training and going over notes and such she done of for me i am realizing a lot :)

also should i change my thing here to nails, or keep it as nothing? thanks everyone looking forward to some helpful advice!

the title word should say axxium sorry for the spelling error clicked the button before checking my spelling

Axxium soak off is not strong enough to extend with on its own, but there is a clear overlay gel in the range which gives enough strength to support a short tip. In the example you gave I would prep the nail, apply the tip, Bond Aid, base coat, 2 X colour coats, overlay gel then top coat.

The overlay gel soaks off so removal is the same but takes a bit longer.

Hth's

now what about opi axxium sculpting gel? also what is a recomended tip brand?

Axxium soak off gels I think are going to be discontinued because of Gelcolor. The SOG are in pots and Gelcolor is in a polish bottle. You cannot use the sog for enhancements, but you can with the sculpting gels. I use the sculpting gels for enhancements with tips and to sculpt over forms. I always use clear tips with gel if doing pink and whites. This will make sure your white is fully cured. I will use natural tips with just clear gel but I cure 3 minutes instead of 2. I use well less tips. I've been using Axxium sculpting gels and CND Brisa gels for years now. I love both brands.

This set was done using Axxium sculpting gel in soft white and pink over clear tips.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 110

Latest posts

Back