Question about paraffin wax manis/pedis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sighthound

Reaction score
Hi all. What is the consensus on dipping hands/feet into wax pots? Wouldn't this be unhygienic? Is it advised to either paint the wax on with a brush, or pour some wax into a bag and sort of squish it around the hand/foot?

I am asking because paraffin wasn't part of my nail tech training, so any advice is appreciated :)

cheers
Meredith

Thank you very much for the link Bernadette :) Cheers

I have 2 separate baths, one for feet one for hands, only because the hands bath was too small for feet, both are thoroughly cleaned and then sanitised before they are dipped into my baths, so I dont see a problem.

I guess its whats easier for you!

:hug:xx

In college I got taught either to decant the wax into a bowl and painted it on using a paraffin brush, or decant the wax into a bowl and dip tissues into the wax, then wrap the tissues round the hands/feet. It makes it easier to remove. We then put the hands/feet into plastic liners and put them into heated mitts or bootees. Personally I prefer the second method.:D

:hug:
In college I got taught either to decant the wax into a bowl and painted it on using a paraffin brush, or decant the wax into a bowl and dip tissues into the wax, then wrap the tissues round the hands/feet. It makes it easier to remove. We then put the hands/feet into plastic liners and put them into heated mitts or bootees. Personally I prefer the second method.:D

Hi

I Teach in a local college and as Joanne has said these 2 method are the preferd methods for hygine reasons on SVQ and VTCT.

As part of you after care you advise the client no further heat treatments. Therefore I would not recommend putting hands/feet into heated mitts or boots.

Latest posts

Back