question about pinching nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loo

Reaction score
Hiyaaa

When you are pinching the nail do you do one nail then wait a few mins to pinch as I know that if you pinch to early the acrylic sticks to your own nails and ruins the enhanced one!!! If you wait too long the acrylic is starting to cure and wont budge. :rolleyes: So when do you pinch the nails during a full set or re-fill after doing each nail and waiting a min this is going to take me ages :lol: Help geekies what do you all do??? I dont have a pinching tool either where can I get one will they have them at Olympia?

pinchins is easy once you know the product your working with. by that i mean knowing how the product works under different climates giving different setting times.

when you begin to pinch its probably going to be easier for you to work on a nail at a time until you find the exact point and then begin by pinching very gently, as the product firms more you can then apply more pressure. also if you wear nail enhancements you will need to pinch later as they can tend to squish the acrylic more than natural nails do. all it takes is a little practise and you'll be fine.

now the pinching tool.... when you learn to pinch its actually easier to use your thumbs because you need to learn the feel of the acrylic when pinching and how much pressure to apply, the tweezers take that away from you. once your confident with using your thumbs you can then begin to use the tweezers though sayin that i always begin with my thumbs to feel the correct point, pinch the nail and finish by pinching with the tweezers to hold the nail until it supports itself.

normally i ony pinch on fullset, repairs or a pink and white rebalance as i am replacing most of the product. if you have pinched correctly in the first place the pinch will still be there for a regular infill.

hope this helps clarify things for ya, if not just give me a yell

antony

Thanks Ant your soooo helpfull!!! :) I will try on my next full set on thurs and let you know how I got on!!! Wish me luck :lol:

good luck with it, its easy really just take you time and dont panic!!!! just try getting a slight pinch at first, then as you get more proficient you can pinch a little more.

dont forget to gently start your pinch on the stress line to tuck and width in then make sure the rest of the nail follow in line by gently pinching the nailbed and tip

antony

antnbuckley said:
good luck with it, its easy really just take you time and dont panic!!!! just try getting a slight pinch at first, then as you get more proficient you can pinch a little more.

dont forget to gently start your pinch on the stress line to tuck and width in then make sure the rest of the nail follow in line by gently pinching the nailbed and tip

antony

Hi Ant thanks for your advice was still a little nervous when pinching the side walls, but did it gradually. Found the timing difficult still to know when to go back to the nail to pinch it but also to do it in time so it has some effect. I will keep trying and hope that with practice I will get to grips with it!!! :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back