Question about products.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyqueen6

Reaction score
Hi there,
I have a load of faulty dermologica products, I have noticed that there is a number and expiry date at the bottom, can this be traced to the salon or will it take me straight back to dermologica as they were bought for me by my ex who I don't speak to anymore.

Thanks in advance,
Natalie :hug:

Hi Natalie,
What do you mean by faulty? What's wrong with them? How long have you had them, and do you think your ex got them from a recommended source, or from ebay or similar?

The bottles are fine, but the product inside dosnt look right or smell right. for eg, the bottle of special cleansing the product is milky when i know it should be clear.

not sure where ex got them but he got them in bulk. thats why i want to find out if i can trace it back to source or will the lot number on the pack take me straight to dermologica.

what is the lot number? is it an individual product i.d. or like a batch number meaning that there could be a thousand with the same number:rolleyes:

when you get your new stock from dermologica does the inventory have the lot numbers next to the item? Is that how I can track them?

Thanks
Nat:hug:

I'm not a Dermalogica stockist, but if he bought them in bulk and isn't a stockist are you sure he got them by kosher means? Sorry, don't mean to doubt him.
Pm a mod and see if you can get them to change the title of this thread to say Dermalogica. You should attract more Dermalogica geeks then.
Good luck.

Have the products actually expired ? If they have then I doubt there is anything you can do unless they were bought from a shop AFTER the expiry date.

If they haven't expired I would contact Dermalogica direct.

I'm not a Dermalogica stockist, but if he bought them in bulk and isn't a stockist are you sure he got them by kosher means? Sorry, don't mean to doubt him.
Pm a mod and see if you can get them to change the title of this thread to say Dermalogica. You should attract more Dermalogica geeks then.
Good luck.

He was a bit shady which is why i am not with him any more. thanks for the tip about the title.

thanks for the advice

The products are new, i am going to speak to Dermalogica. but still want to find out who they came from.

like i posted before i really want to know what is the lot number? is it an individual product i.d. or like a batch number meaning that there could be a thousand with the same number?

and is the lot number on the stock list?

if he bought them in bulk and he is not a stockist they are probably contaminated or out of date - i am a dermalogica stockist and i dont personally think they have just gone off - it is quite possible that they are dermalogica products filled with another product.

Why are you concerned with them? If he bought them for you and you dont know what they are throw them away - as you said he is shady so the chances of them being genuine are extremely low.

I dont understand what you mean by lot numbers - every salon doesnt get different lot numbers so i wouldnt think you can trace it back.

IMHO you havent got a leg to stand on with Dermalogica if you cant prove where they are from. This is why products should not be purchesed from unknown places only through authorised stockists

hth

becki xxx

The products are new, i am going to speak to Dermalogica. but still want to find out who they came from.

like i posted before i really want to know what is the lot number? is it an individual product i.d. or like a batch number meaning that there could be a thousand with the same number?

and is the lot number on the stock list?

I don't understand why you are so concerned about the lot number ? Surely if you have faulty products even if they were received as a gift you would just contact the manufacturer ?

As i said i am going to contact dermalogica and report this as i am disqusted that people can get away with selling faulty or "fake products"

i have always brought my products from a official source, but like i said these where a gift.

i am concerned about the lot number only because i am hopeing there is a way i or dermalogica can find these fraudsters through the lot number, maybe they can, maybe that cant... but that is the whole reason why i am asking you geeks shed light on the matter, as i not really sure what a lot number is.

am not trying to get any money back or blame dermalogica, as bexi said i also believe that there filled with something eles, which is why i noticed in the frist place that something wasnt right.

i am just angery that people can get away with this stuff and rip people off left right and center and mock our industry. (rant over)

:hug:

i dont mean this to sound rude but if people like your ex didnt buy these products there would not be a problem because these low lifes wouldnt have anyone to sell to.

Ask your ex where he got them from, i doubt dermalogica will do anything if you say what you have said to us

becki x

i dont mean this to sound rude but if people like your ex didnt buy these products there would not be a problem because these low lifes wouldnt have anyone to sell to.

Ask your ex where he got them from, i doubt dermalogica will do anything if you say what you have said to us

becki x

Not rude at all, your right in saying if people like my ex didn't buy the products There wouldnt be this problem. People do love to penny pinch. My ex has no knowledge of the industry and thought he was doing me a favour by buying me the stuff i should of made him more aware. We left on bad terms so dont speak to him anymore.

Again it's a shame people are not edcucated enough on this subject, and its true "you get what you pay for"

As for contacting dermalogica about this issue, i think its worth a try, if they don't do anything to try and stop this from happening then I think it would be appauling, but that is down to them.

Thanks for all your advice
Natalie:hug:

Hi there,
I have a load of faulty dermologica products, I have noticed that there is a number and expiry date at the bottom, can this be traced to the salon or will it take me straight back to dermologica as they were bought for me by my ex who I don't speak to anymore.

Thanks in advance,
Natalie :hug:
the code on the boxes is only the number of that product sold or somethin like that!ur entitled to a 100% refund on dermalogica products tho so if u knew what salon they were bought in ul get ur money back or another product!!

I think the number is a batch number so not sure they could link it up but i am sure they will try. They won't take returns direct to Dermalogica, it has to be done via the salon they were purchased and then the salon returns them to Dermalogica.

However if you phone Dermalogica customer services (0800 591 818) i am sure they will be interested in hearing about this.

From your description it sounds like a fake product or very old! I know that Dermalogica are trying to stamp down on unauthorised selling etc so i am sure they will help as long as you can tell them where he got them from.

Latest posts

Back