Question about rockstar nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audreyduff

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone else does when doing rockstar shellac. I use the irresistible glitters that f seemingly designed for shellac, I read that it'd better to use a light coloured shellac before putting glitter on, sometimes (and I'm new to rockstar) I think that the nail plate can be seen kind of through the glitter if you get me like it's not covering like I want it to, and wondering is it better to use a colour under the glitter?? Any advice be appreciated, also do you still do 2 coats of colour or just the one?

If the color is close, I do. Fedora under purples, tropix under pinks or corals, etc. If I find I have to layer a lot of glitter, I add another layer of clear gel as well.

I use a colour as close to the glitter colour as I can :)

I use the closest colour to the glitter xxx

I also, choose a Shellac color close to the color of the glitter. :)

same here, a colour close to the glitter.x

If you use a light colour it can make it brighter. Or a dark colour can deepen the effect.
Try it?
I love the holographic purple. I done it with just base coat and also with Rock Royalty or Purple Purple and all three are lovely effects.

I also tend to go as close to shellac colour as possible. Although I have seen fedora with an overlay of iced coral then a gold fade effect on here too. Stunning effect. I have just picked a gorgeous, fine tangerine glitter from hobbycraft. Planning on putting it on Tropix for my toes. I will post a pic when I eventually get round to it. Enjoy. X

When I started I used Zillionaire underneath every glitter for any rockstar nails. I've never notice my nail plate showing through and I do stare at my nails quite a bit.

I tried Fedora under purple glitter, it wasn't as glittery as when I'd used Zillionaire. The glitter seemed darker.

Test it out and see for yourself!

Latest posts

Back