Question about Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinkes1980

Reaction score
Hi have popped over from hair with the above!! My friend went to have shellac applied to her nails, apparently the nail tech has been doing it for a few months (she works from home in her kitchen) its the first time my mate has had shellac so didn't know what to expect. She showed me her nails the day after she had it done and it's really streaky, quite see through in parts, I've told her to complain, she paid £20 (is that cheap??) to have it done but she's so disappointed she's tempted to just peel it off and forget about it. Would you suggest she goes back to get it removed at least??

It sounds to me that the nail tech needed to apply another coat. Shellac should be applied thin but should not come out streaky. Tell her not to pick it off as it will ruin her nails. I would tell your friend to go back to the nail tech and tell her that they are streaky and see what she says. She might offer to redo them for her. Also £20 is quite cheap for a shellac mani but it also depends on area as alot of people charge difvferent amounts depending on what others charge in there area. HTH. Ax

I would advise her to go back and have them re-done. Tell her to NOT pick it off...she'll just ruin her nails! :eek:

I think the best thing to do for the nail tech and your friend is to go back, feedback good or bad is gold. Let the nail tech have a chance to rectify the problem and learn by her mistakes and for £20 your friend deserves lovely nails!!

P.S £20 in my area seems to be the norm, some people do it for £15 but when I've looked into it, it's not Shellac.

I think the best thing to do for the nail tech and your friend is to go back, feedback good or bad is gold. Let the nail tech have a chance to rectify the problem and learn by her mistakes and for £20 your friend deserves lovely nails!!

I agree!

I also tell my clients that if they have any problems with their nails to give me a call. I would rather rectify the situation than have the client never come back. HTH! :)

I agree!

I also tell my clients that if they have any problems with their nails to give me a call. I would rather rectify the situation than have the client never come back. HTH! :)

Yes I do the same, I do alot of friends, and friends of friends and I have a good name so want to keep veryone happy so I tell people if there are any problems come back to me. X

Latest posts

Back