Question about the law

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleksandrea84

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new within UK and I just got the job offer - 4 days of work, 10h:eek: a day with ONLY 30:eek: minutes break... I was wonderr is that legal? please let me know as I can not find anything on the internet about that.

Thank you :D

your entitiled to a 20min brake if you work over six hours in a stretch god i thought it would of been at least 30 x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

yes that is what I hoped for...for like 1 h? or two 30 minutes breaks. I am going to have 9-8 shift is 11h so it is 10,5 working h ... including all sort of treatments it is pretty hard to believe they will give olny 30 minutes ... imagine 10h of masage or facials... God... are you sure it is no other law for beauty? from what I heard some of the ****ries has a "special rules" for different types of job. To be honest I was never lasy and I use to work v hard but I can not fisically imagine doing this sort of shift... if you know more I will really apreciate any information.

Last edited:
Yes, it does sound right. According to the law, as already someone said above,you are entitled to at least 20min break for every 6hours of work. The rest is up to your employer and your contract.
It's different in every salon. I used to get anything from 15min to 1hour lunch break depending on how busy we were. I would always be paid for 30min of the lunch break, for the rest I wasn't paid.
I know 30min seems very little to you considering that you will be doing facial and massage all day. It is hard work and long hours.
I can't really give you anymore advice, except to wish you good luck if you decide to go with the job.

Latest posts

Back