question bout infills??????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah Lou

Scatty Blonde Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Im in my 6wk practice period before I take my exam. My friend asked me to do her infills the other day and I grudgingly agreed.

On doing this one of her nails had lifted quite badly right down the side wall, I dont know if what I did was correct but i filed this away and applied more acrylic. It looked ok after, just wondering if what I did was correct as I did file quite alot, or would it of been easiar to take off and then reapply another tip overlay.

Also any tips on infilling as we didnt really touch much of this on my course

Thanks in advance

Sarah

There's nothing wrong with filing away lift instead of totally removing an overlay. The only reason you'd do a total removal is if it was more work than filing.

Hope that makes sense.

I agree with Carole, its worth filing as long as you aren't taking too much time to do it. You don't want to keep soaking off as its not good for the natural nail as it dries it out, but if the lifting is bad then its better to soak off and start again.

just make sure if you do this to really use your sanitiser and dehydrator on this nail as it tends to absorb the acetone you use to soak off with which means there is acetone in the nail, which can cause lifting again. just make sure when doing infills you tidy the nail up, do the same prep you would do normally and really work on the cuticles and make sure they are gone, better the prep, better the nail will last.

Hope this helps

Sarah Lou said:
Hi geeks,

Im in my 6wk practice period before I take my exam. My friend asked me to do her infills the other day and I grudgingly agreed.

On doing this one of her nails had lifted quite badly right down the side wall, I dont know if what I did was correct but i filed this away and applied more acrylic. It looked ok after, just wondering if what I did was correct as I did file quite alot, or would it of been easiar to take off and then reapply another tip overlay.

Also any tips on infilling as we didnt really touch much of this on my course

Thanks in advance

Sarah

Rebalancing is done in zone's...........each zone has it's own checkpoints.........

Zone one......check for: curling of natural nail away from product, check for direction of nail growth, location of apex................
Zone two ......check for: lateral wall lifting, pocket lifting on apex
Zone three..........check for: rate of growth, lifting.........

Thin out all zones, start with zone 1 and work up to zone 3.......You use a 120 grit file on old cured product...........
Make sure you expose a small margin of keratin along the lateral walls, cuticle area, and free edge if applicable, new product applied here will provide the new seal............
Dont forget to scrubfresh!!!!!!
Then proceed as you would on a fresh new application..............work from zone 1 to zone 3..........changing to a 180+ grit file for finishing and 240 for refining.........and 1200 for oil buffing..........and girlfriend buffer for that shine to die for.......

Infills: You still have to check for rate of growth, pocket lifting aso. if you have a large regrowth area you will find that you will be rebalancing rather then infilling ............
HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back