Question for American geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewie16

Reaction score
Hi just a quick question for Americans on here.
Is it true that you can sue anybody and for any reason in America? I saw this on a website and was very shocked! Want to know if it's actually true??

Americans think suing is the only way to solve problems, along with conflict (including war). I learned in law class a few years ago that there are other methods to make people responsible for crimes or civil wrongs which include the ADR method (Alternative Dispute Resolution method). Included in that method is the idea that both sides that are arguing should sit down and negotiate. Also some people use a method commonly called mediation, when a neutral mediator or mediators comes in and both sides will come to compromise that is non-binding which is commonly called mediation. There is another ADR method called arbitration, when a neutral party (arbitrator(s)) imposes a legally binding decision on the both sides after some negotiation on the terms of a compromise agreement. Arbitration can also non-binding like mediation except the arbitrator(s) remain removed from the process and lets both sides negotiate.

Americans got lost in what it means to earn your own money. And don't care how they get it just as long as they got it. Sick isn't it.

Absolutely. Sue away. Will you get far?
Lawyers will take on any idiot for the sake of making money thankfully there are judges with common sense that throw out these lawsuits before they see the light of day :D

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Lawyers will take on any idiot for the sake of making money thankfully there are judges with common sense that throw out these lawsuits before they see the light of day :D

I don't see the point of Sue game but if it's any case that isn't a persons fault like a major accident then that's different. Is it because there too many lawyers? or is it just get rich game?

Don't want to be nosey but has anybody tried to take you to court over a stupid case??

You can do the same thing in the UK (and its getting worse).

is:
Americans got lost in what it means to earn your own money. And don't care how they get it just as long as they got it. Sick isn't it.

Part of the article? I find it kind of offensive, especially as it is just as applicable to the UK (and other countries).

The legal system is used and abused by more and more people every year who feel it is their tool to correct anything they perceive as a personal injustice. Sadly, that mindset sets people up for failure. Injustice happens all the time. Injustice doesn't define you, but how you deal with it does. That doesn't mean there isn't a time and place for legal processes, just that it isn't to be taken lightly.

That isn't a USA problem. That is a modern world problem.

You can do the same thing in the UK (and its getting worse).

is:

Part of the article? I find it kind of offensive, especially as it is just as applicable to the UK (and other countries).

The legal system is used and abused by more and more people every year who feel it is their tool to correct anything they perceive as a personal injustice. Sadly, that mindset sets people up for failure. Injustice happens all the time. Injustice doesn't define you, but how you deal with it does. That doesn't mean there isn't a time and place for legal processes, just that it isn't to be taken lightly.

That isn't a USA problem. That is a modern world problem.

Aww sorry don't sue me 🎃

Stewie, you've been reading those silly Daily Mail type newspapers again, haven't you, lol?

It's not a 'USA' only problem these days. A growing number of people in the UK think that they are 'entitled' to something for nothing. Just watch an episode of Jeremy Kyle and other similar nonsense. :-/

Stewie, you've been reading those silly Daily Mail type newspapers again, haven't you, lol?

It's not a 'USA' only problem these days. A growing number of people in the UK think that they are 'entitled' to something for nothing. Just watch an episode of Jeremy Kyle and other similar nonsense. :-/

Every country has a lawsuit but I find that America is a sue country. I've read only a few story's from americans saying you can't have any responsibility anymore there no point when a person can try and sue you for anything.
Some Americans sued Mc Donald's for their advertising for making them fat.

The people who get fat are the lawyers......

By the way, from the little I know, Americans generally have a work-hard ethic.

Don't want to be nosey but has anybody tried to take you to court over a stupid case??

No. I haven't been sued for anything. I have known people that have been sued for the most idiotic things. Some cases do make it which I feel sets a dangerous precedent (the guy won a liability settlement over a broken leg while he was robbing a house)

No. I haven't been sued for anything. I have known people that have been sued for the most idiotic things. Some cases do make it which I feel sets a dangerous precedent (the guy won a liability settlement over a broken leg while he was robbing a house)

No way !!

Latest posts

Back