Question for Beauty Therapists and Make-Up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hollyballoo

Truly, Madly Geeky...
Reaction score
I was wondering, for those of you out there who have make-up on your menu, just how many/how often do you get bookings for this service as a standalone treatment and do you find you only get increased bookings for this when it is offered as part of a "package deal"? Are the bookings mainly for brides/wedding parties? Or is it simply one of those treatments sitting looking pretty in your brochure that rarely has any takers?

Also, in terms of make-up, which brand do you use and find to be the best in terms of quality and cost as a professional therapist?

Any thoughts, tips, advice much appreciated!

Hello!! I do make up!! It's mainly weddings that I do really! I have quite a few booked in this year! Some people have it done for birthdays and special occassions though!! It's by no eans a popular treatment but I do do a few!!

I use lots off different kinds of make up, I sort of mix and match! Mainly Estee Lauder, Chanel, Dior, Clarins and MAC though!!!

HTH

Tilly xx

Hi there

We do quite a lot of makeovers and brides, proms etc. TBH we use all sorts of makeup dermalogica foundation or tinted moisturizer, we have a big professional palette of eyeshadows, then some mascaras etc which i haven't a clue what brand they are. We have just started selling the Zoya lip glosses which have gone really well.

I did look into getting in a professional brand but they want you to spend huge amounts with them and we just don't do enough to warrent it.

When I first looked into getting a makeup kit I looked everywhere for a complete kit that didn`t cost the earth.
I ended up with Virgin Vie and became an agent for a while, it has the lot, is reasonably priced and I have professional palettes of eyeshadows and foundations.
Over the years I have added bits and pieces from anywhere I may pick up something I like but the main bulk is still Virgin Vie.
I don`t do many either but they`re mainly special occasions and I`ve never done any within a package

Thanks ladies. I guess what was worrying me was just how many different tones and shades you would need to cater for all skin-types/tones and if you did go out buying a massive professional kit, is it just going to sit there doing not a whole lot for the majority of time.

Well I'm jumping ahead of myself and should wait and see really - was really just wondering how much benefit I will get from the training as it will be incorporated within my course - originally I was just going to go for individual modules of beauty, but it just seemed simpler to go for the whole thing in one go.

Hi i do mainly bridal and party make-up. My make-up is a mixture of all sorts ranging from boots own to body shop to estee lauder, whatever takes my fancy!

i am really up for doing this too can u believe it wasnt covered on my recent beauty therapy course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyways.......can i find a course suitable - they vary from 33 weeks at my local college (omg what is there to learn in 33 weeks??????????????????) to one dayers at ellisons.

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

ambx

If you join virgin vie they give you all the training you need... might be worth looking into.

xx

MINKUS said:
i am really up for doing this too can u believe it wasnt covered on my recent beauty therapy course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyways.......can i find a course suitable - they vary from 33 weeks at my local college (omg what is there to learn in 33 weeks??????????????????) to one dayers at ellisons.

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

ambx

cool will do.....would u get anything 4 recommending me? if so......fire away mate....

amb xx

I do have makeup on my price list. I did one one last Saturday because she was going out.
To be honest mine is just a stand alone treatment at the mo on my price list.
However, I will be putting it as a package in the future.

Good make up brands, for me, MAC as its very natural.

where do you get mac from? can never find it?

ambx

MINKUS said:
where do you get mac from? can never find it?

ambx
you can get it from harvey nichols also manchester airport has a shopxx

Selfridges do it aswell!

Latest posts

Back